Thread: Bremont official comment on Bremont Fans

Bremont official comment on Bremont Fans

I was intrigued by the official comment today from Bremont on the Bremont Fans Facebook page. It made reference to questions having been made about redundancies and in house manufacturing. I'm curious as to what they were actually referencing. Paul Gray mentioned his redundancy on this forum a little while back but no other mention of other former Bremont staff. The official comment also mentioned that Bremont intend to increase production of in house parts over the coming years which suggests that their own movement is a long way off yet.

The official comment didn't really provide any details, nothing that we didn't already know or have an idea about but it is interesting that Bremont felt the need to release it. I wonder what the future holds...?

There was a post on a Facebook page that an engineer had been made redundant by bremont . I read it that he worked for a company that made parts for Bremont.
    If they are moving more production to their new site, this must always been o the cards. Probably cv19 just hastened this.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    There was a post on a Facebook page that an engineer had been made redundant by bremont . I read it that he worked for a company that made parts for Bremont.
    If they are moving more production to their new site, this must always been o the cards. Probably cv19 just hastened this.

The chap was employed directly by Bremont in their manufacturing facility, IIRC.

Aside from that, no more details.

J.

Are right. He did mention a location that I wasn't familiar with, sp put two and two together.

There was a post on a Facebook page that an engineer had been made redundant by bremont
    I didn't see that. It seems odd that Bremont gave an official comment off the back of that. I take it that it got a lot of responses?

As far as I'm aware, the new facility won't be fully operational until next year. I can't imagine that the two are linked. I suspect that any redundancies will be simply about trimming costs, as is the case at many other companies.

What I think is quite telling is Bremonts decision not to reopen their other two London boutiques just yet. Understandable as I'm sure that the footfall they would usually expect at those two boutiques will currently be absent but it does still make you aware of the struggles that businesses such s Bremont will have over the next year or more.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I didn't see that. It seems odd that Bremont gave an official comment off the back of that. I take it that it got a lot of responses?

As far as I'm aware, the new facility won't be fully operational until next year. I can't imagine that the two are linked. I suspect that any redundancies will be simply about trimming costs, as is the case at many other companies.

What I think is quite telling is Bremonts decision not to reopen their other two London boutiques just yet. Understandable as I'm sure that the footfall they would usually expect at those two boutiques will currently be absent but it does still make you aware of the struggles that businesses such s Bremont will have over the next year or more.
    It did indeed get a lot of responses - nothing aimed at, or questioning Bremont, though - purely sympathy for the poor chap. As an aside, the post was actually about the person who was made redundant finding a new job with someone else. He was not in any way slating Bremont.

As for the struggles Bremont face, I see this morning that the UK is officially back in a recession, so I can only imagine times will get more tricky before they get better, sadly. I just hope The Brothers can weather the storm and come out the other side.

J.