Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Amazing accuracy

I have owned my S500 B/L since the end of May when I set it to the clock on Greenwichmeantime.com.

I have been checking it now & again with my phone & it has been within a few seconds, but tonight I went back to GMT.com & checked it, I cannot believe it has only lost 2 seconds in all that time

I know the COSC certificate was showing it as very accurate, but I am astounded by this, even my Sub gains a regular 2 secs a week.

So I am a really happy chappy about this as it means I can virtually leave it & never have to adjust it.

Does anybody know if Bremont fine tune the movement or is this just how they come & I have been very lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

Does anybody know if Bremont fine tune the movement or is this just how they come & I have been very lucky?
    Bremont, as you know (and have mentioned) alter the movements as necessary and put them through COSC (or indeed ISO 3159 going forward). As far as I'm aware, as long as the watch meets (or exceeds) that accuracy of -4/+6s, no additional tinkering goes on.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Bremont, as you know (and have mentioned) alter the movements as necessary and put them through COSC (or indeed ISO 3159 going forward). As far as I'm aware, as long as the watch meets (or exceeds) that accuracy of -4/+6s, no additional tinkering goes on.

J.
    Ok thanks for the info, I did wonder if they fine tuned them to get them better than the standard COSC requirements & nearer to master chronometer specs.

2 seconds over a week is rare for any watch unless quartz that will maintain time. As they can loose or gain time depending on how long they are worn, if you lay it on its side etc.
    I stopped looking as 5 seconds over 24hrs is still good. But when you notice its 30 seconds out after a handful of days it looses its charm. I just am happy the time looking correct.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    2 seconds over a week is rare for any watch unless quartz that will maintain time. As they can loose or gain time depending on how long they are worn, if you lay it on its side etc.
    100% agree - massively rare for a mechanical watch. Some say you can try and correct the variations by, like you say, putting the watch crown up/down etc. Iíve never tried it, though..

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    100% agree - massively rare for a mechanical watch. Some say you can try and correct the variations by, like you say, putting the watch crown up/down etc. I’ve never tried it, though..

J.
    I have worn the S500 nearly every day since purchase only swapping over to other watches for a few hours here & there.
    It sits face up on my bedside cabinet every night.
    I cant say I have checked the daily variance of the watch, maybe what I am doing is equalling out the losses & gains?
    All I know is that I am really pleased with the timekeeping of it which appears to be better than my Submariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    All I know is that I am really pleased with the timekeeping of it which appears to be better than my Submariner.
    It goes without saying that a Bremont is better than a Rolex. Oops, did I say that out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It goes without saying that a Bremont is better than a Rolex. Oops, did I say that out loud!
    I have owned a few different Rolex models over the last 20 years & I can honestly say the Bremont is every bit as well made, the only obvious difference is Rolex do use their own movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I stopped looking as 5 seconds over 24hrs is still good. But when you notice its 30 seconds out after a handful of days it looses its charm. I just am happy the time looking correct.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    I wore my MBIII for a week and it was perfect +/- 0 seconds. Same watch, another week, lost 15 seconds over the 7 days. Not sure what I was doing different between the two weeks.

Nicolas Hayeks comment was odd but there again the whole watch making hierarchy in Switzerland seems odd. I don't know of any other industry where a company would supply so many other companies with a critical component and then suddenly decide not to. It seems like nothing more than an attempt to create a huge monopoly by destabilising competitors.