Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COSC Certificate

Sounds plausible.

Is ISO really a Swiss organisation though? I would have said it's more of a multi-national organisation with the hq based in Switzerland. There could be numerous reasons for that, my best guess being that the Swiss like to be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Sounds plausible.

Is ISO really a Swiss organisation though? I would have said it's more of a multi-national organisation with the hq based in Switzerland.
    Have a read for yourself: International Organisation for Standardisation. Founded in 1946, and in Geneva since 1949. That seems pretty Swiss to me..!

J.

I just looked at my Bremont Airborne 75th Annivarsay , that still came with the COSC, looks like your Alt1tide SE must have been one of first.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Have a read for yourself: International Organisation for Standardisation. Founded in 1946, and in Geneva since 1949. That seems pretty Swiss to me..!

J.
    From your link;

The ISO story
    In London, in 1946, 65 delegates from 25 countries meet to discuss the future of International Standardization. In 1947, ISO officially comes into existence with 67 technical committees (groups of experts focusing on a specific subject).

No mention of Switzerland at that point.

or;

"ISO is an independent, non-governmental organization made up of members from the national standards bodies of 164 countries"

The "Central Secretariat" is based in Geneva which is simply the administrative centre (I thought it was the hq but strictly speaking it's not). So I think that calling it Swiss is stretching things just a little bit