Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Britain Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That's a brilliant video of John Romain doing what JR does best! Have you booked your flight, Nomad? Or are you waiting? I'm massively jealous of anyone who gets to 'strap on' a Spitfire.

J.
    yeah me too although I have sat in one and it only cost a fiver.
    I've loved the Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and Tiffie since I was about 6 years old in 1964.

Battle of Britain Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    yeah me too although I have sat in one and it only cost a fiver.
    Absolute bargain - can’t beat that for a fiver!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster
    I've loved the Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and Tiffie since I was about 6 years old in 1964.
    I presume you mean the Hawker product and not the modern after-burning version!? Unless you had a time machine in your childhood!

I also presume you’ve seen the restoration of one that is ongoing? Sam, one of the Trustees is a pilot at ARCo.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 03-12-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Absolute bargain - can’t beat that for a fiver!

I presume you mean the Hawker product and not the modern after-burning version!? Unless you had a time machine in your childhood!

I also presume you’ve seen the restoration of one that is ongoing? Sam, one of the Trustees is a pilot at ARCo.

J.

I wasn't aware of that, noI'll have a look though TA!!

My dad used to buy me airfix kits on pay day when I was a kid and it would have been about '64/'65 when I was 6/7 that he brought home the Tiffy and a Mig (15 or 17) and built them for me.
    He probably told me about the Tiffy and it'll have gone over my head but I've never forgotten those 2 and a Focke Wulfe 190 too.
    I've always liked the Tiffy, Tempest and Mosquito as well as the BoB 3.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lancaster; 03-12-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Battle of Britain Collection

I wasn't aware of that, noI'll have a look though TA!!

My dad used to buy me airfix kits on pay day when I was a kid and it would have been about '64/'65 when I was 6/7 that he brought home the Tiffy and a Mig (15 or 17) and built them for me.
    He probably told me about the Tiffy and it'll have gone over my head but I've never forgotten those 2 and a Focke Wulfe 190 too.
    I've always liked the Tiffy, Tempest and Mosquito as well as the BoB 3.

My first ever Airfix model was a Typhoon too - spent ages painting it and then it took pride of place in the ‘squadron’!

Here’s their website: www.hawker-typhoon.com. The Supporters Club is worth a look too, they often have a big presence the usual airshows..

J.

My first ever Airfix model was a Typhoon too - spent ages painting it and then it took pride of place in the ‘squadron’!

Here’s their website: www.hawker-typhoon.com. The Supporters Club is worth a look too, they often have a big presence the usual airshows..

J.
    The Spitfire I sat in was at an Airshow in Southport and i saw the 2 Lancaster's there too.
    I had a little table for doing my kits on that was splattered with paint and i can still those little pots

The Spitfire I sat in was at an Airshow in Southport and i saw the 2 Lancaster's there too.
    I had a little table for doing my kits on that was splattered with paint and i can still those little pots

This has gotten me thinking - maybe I should buy a model and turn my hand to it now, something to do in those quiet moments of Lockdown...

I wonder if you can get little ‘Bremont’ decals for below the cockpit...?

J.

Hahahahaha I've also considered making a comeback and starting another squadron.
    Ideal for a rainy day as long as you've got a good collection of paint and a tube of glue.
    'Locate and cement.....'

Hahahahaha I've also considered making a comeback and starting another squadron.
    Ideal for a rainy day as long as you've got a good collection of paint and a tube of glue.
    'Locate and cement.....'
    I think you need to get another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I think you need to get another job.
    hahaha no chance of that, I'll stay retired ta.
    I'll leave the working to others

Woodville that is where I used to go flier in chipmunks while in the ATC

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk