Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Battle of Britain Collection

  1. #1
    Administrator jwalker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,411

    Battle of Britain Collection

    “Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."
    -Winston Churchill




    80 years ago today, with the threat of German invasion of Britain approaching, Churchill gave his famous “Finest Hour” speech, signaling the beginning of what would become the Battle of Britain. That summer The British RAF were able to fight off the German Luftwaffe over British Airspace and claim a major victory that would serve as a turning point in WWII.




    In that spirit, Bremont are Introducing a special set of new watches, the Battle of Britain series, featuring the DLC 43mm BoB Spitfire, and the stainless steel 40mm BoB Hurricane. These watches are meant to commemorate the two iconic aircraft that helped to secure victory during the Battle of Britain, the Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane.




    The BoB Spitfire is of course modeled after the Smiths clocks on the Spitfire aircraft instrument display, and has a very similar aesthetic to the original and extremely coveted Bremont Limited Edition watch, the EP-120. Featuring a 3 register chronograph, Roto-click bezel, GMT hand and date complications, this piece is a fully functional Pilots watch that can do it all! I don’t hesitate to say that it’s an amazing looking watch!










    The BoB Hurricane also takes its dial cues from its respective aircraft, but as a simpler three handed design with date function. The Bund strap adds character and utility to this vintage inspired flieger watch.










    These watches will only be offered as a Limited run of 80 sets which include both the Spitfire and Hurricane, along with the incredible perk of a ride in an actual Spitfire aircraft, in partnership with the Aircraft Restoration Company out of Duxford.






    Pricing for the Battle of Britain set, including commemorative Spitfire ride, is $18,995/£14,995.

    Deliveries are expected by the end of July 2020.

    Would love to hear your thoughts on this new set!

    Jeremy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jwalker9; 06-18-2020 at 11:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member thebounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Manila, PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    “Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."
    -Winston Churchill




    80 years ago today, with the threat of British Invasion approaching, Churchill gave his famous “Finest Hour” speech, signaling the beginning of what would become the Battle of Britain. That summer The British RAF were able to fight off the German Luftwaffe over British Airspace and claim a major victory that would serve as a turning point in WWII.




    In that spirit, Bremont are Introducing a special set of new watches, the Battle of Britain series, featuring the DLC 43mm BoB Spitfire, and the stainless steel 40mm BoB Hurricane. These watches are meant to commemorate the two iconic aircraft that helped to secure victory during the Battle of Britain, the Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane.




    The BoB Spitfire is of course modeled after the Smiths clocks on the Spitfire aircraft instrument display, and has a very similar aesthetic to the original and extremely coveted Bremont Limited Edition watch, the EP-120. Featuring a 3 register chronograph, Roto-click bezel, GMT hand and date complications, this piece is a fully functional Pilots watch that can do it all! I don’t hesitate to say that it’s an amazing looking watch!










    The BoB Hurricane also takes its dial cues from its respective aircraft, but as a simpler three handed design with date function. The Bund strap adds character and utility to this vintage inspired flieger watch.










    These watches will only be offered as a Limited run of 80 sets which include both the Spitfire and Hurricane, along with the incredible perk of a ride in an actual Spitfire aircraft, in partnership with the Aircraft Restoration Company out of Duxford.






    Pricing for the Battle of Britain set, including commemorative Spitfire ride, is $18,995/£14,995.

    Deliveries are expected by the end of July 2020.

    Would love to hear your thoughts on this new set!

    Jeremy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cor! Crikey!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

  3. #3
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,419

    Battle of Britain Collection

    They've knocked this one out of the park - and the Spitfire flight included is the icing on the cake! It's worth noting too, that there will be a little disc included in the box that you can have details of your flight engraved upon!

    Here’s a picture of the engraving on the top of the box for those interested - gorgeous. Top quality packaging and presentation from Bremont as always..




    J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 06-18-2020 at 11:54 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member thebounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Manila, PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    They've knocked this one out of the park - and the Spitfire flight included is the icing on the cake! It's worth noting too, that there will be a little disc included in the box that you can have details of your flight engraved upon!

    J.
    Yes I think so
    Worth noting a spitfire flight would usually cost you £2500++


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

  5. #5
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Yes I think so
    Worth noting a spitfire flight would usually cost you £2500++


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, absolutely: £2750 for 20 minutes airborne. I was in the process of sorting out a flight before the world locked down - it's a bucket list item for me!

    J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 06-18-2020 at 11:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    133
    Its good I agree. I do like a bit of historical matter built into the watch though. I know some people don't and think its a gimmick but it works for me.

    Ironically I've just got my Dad a flight in a Spitfire with these guys in July (he doesn't know yet and hopefully isn't on here). Anyway, looking forward to hearing other views...
    Last edited by Dacman; 06-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
    Its good I agree. I do like a bit of historical matter built into the watch though. I know some people don't and think its a gimmick but it works for me.

    Ironically I've just got my Dad a flight in a Spitfire with these guys in July (he doesn't know yet and hopefully isn't on here). Anyway, looking forward to hearing other views...
    Yea I love the whole idea of it and both watches are stunning. I agree it would’ve been cooler with parts of the aircraft in them but I suppose Bremont have already gone down that avenue with both aircraft. I think the spitfire experience is a touch of class though!

    And lets hope the forum is passed his technological capabilities but I think it’s a pretty badass gift, he’s going to love it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingiron12 View Post
    Yea I love the whole idea of it and both watches are stunning. I agree it would’ve been cooler with parts of the aircraft in them but I suppose Bremont have already gone down that avenue with both aircraft. I think the spitfire experience is a touch of class though!

    And lets hope the forum is passed his technological capabilities but I think it’s a pretty badass gift, he’s going to love it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep I doubt he's on here
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    559
    A beautiful set for sure, the watches and packaging all served up with the normal verve and panache we have come to expect from the brand, and the spitfire flight included is a real draw. I certainly wouldn’t say no to a set!!

  10. #10
    That BoB Spitfire is just stunning. They are knocking it out of the park with this years' releases!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites