Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Britain Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Mariner I tend to think the very limited run has been done to deflect from the standard watches that they are.
    I was more inclined to think it was to do with the logistics of flying every buyer in a Spitfire.

to be fair, the precious metal limited editions have production runs around the same number (sometimes less) so it's not unheard of.
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 06-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo81 View Post
    £15k for this problematic as it starts to compete with other watches I am contemplating including the new JLC Master Control which are outstanding watches also.
    Agreed, that is a very nice watch. Still a dress watch though don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Agree with you in the new alt1 p2 jet - I prefer it to my U2/51 jet - hmmmm
    Both very nice looking watches - if you like DLC !

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Agreed, that is a very nice watch. Still a dress watch though don't you think?
    Yeah, definitely a dress watch, but I would buy a JLC for that, rather than a Bremont

I have an Alt1-c, S300 Black and MBIII 10th anniversary, they are superb watches and play to the tested beyond endurance message, I donít worry when I wear them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo81 View Post
    Yeah, definitely a dress watch, but I would buy a JLC for that, rather than a Bremont

I have an Alt1-c, S300 Black and MBIII 10th anniversary, they are superb watches and play to the tested beyond endurance message, I don’t worry when I wear them
    I really like some of the JLC watches and if I didn't know about Bremont they would be near the top of my want list but when you can have watches like the DH-88, Wright Flyer and especially the Supersonic when considering dress watches, I can't see much point in looking elsewhere. On a lower budget the Solo and Airco make really nice dress watches as well. You can even get away with putting your MBIII 10th Anniversary on a brown alligator strap and that makes a half decent dress watch and the Alt1-C wouldn't look so out of place either. Lots of choice

I really like some of the JLC watches and if I didn't know about Bremont they would be near the top of my want list
    They have made some very cool watches that I could well be tempted by (the Navy SEALS springs to mind), but every time I look at them compared with the comparative Bremont model, I prefer the Bremont aesthetic...

Horses for courses, I guess..

J.

I agree. There are several other brands that I like and seeing the watches on their own I could be very tempted but as you say, the moment you compare them with a Bremont they just don't quite stack up.

(I've even finally found a Rolex that I quite like but don't tell anyone )

Iíve just bought two Panerais (great prices) which is a step back to a luxury market I thought Iíd left. But, BREMONTs are my daily although Iím limiting myself to three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

(I've even finally found a Rolex that I quite like but don't tell anyone )
    I've already spoken about the Rolex I would love, but I do already own one. It's a 2001 16710 (GMT Master II) Pepsi. I've worn it a handful of times, and it now sits in the safe - it feels very fragile when compared to Bremont.

J.

It's the Everose gold Yachtmaster that has some appeal for me.

Back to Bremont, I saw this comment posted by Bremont on their Instagram page about the BoB set;

"We are already sold out however we do have a waiting list if you are interested?"

I have an idea what they mean but logically, if you're sold out, how can you have a waiting list?