Thread: NEW: Jaguar E-Type 60th

NEW: Jaguar E-Type 60th

Morning everyone,

New from Bremont this morning, the Bremont Jaguar E-Type 60th.

60 years after the Jaguar E-Type was launched at the Geneva Motor Show, it stole the show - capable of over 150mph, and at half the price of a Ferrari! In fact, Enzo Ferrari described the E-Type as the 'most beautiful car ever made!'

So, to celebrate this anniversary, Bremont have created a Limited Edition box set of watches. Each set will include your chosen watch - available either in green or grey - and a very very special set of Bremont rally timers!

The rally timer integrates two mechanical 'instruments' - a stopwatch with a tachymeter on the left, and a clock with sub-seconds on the right. Both of these are mounted on an engine-turned back-plate which can either be used as a stand for your desk, or even fitted to your car!

As well as the set of timers, every buyer will receive a unique driving experience from Jaguar: driving 3 iconic E-Types around Jaguar's Fen End race track!

Anyway, on to the watch.

Contained in a 43mm case, and limited to just 60 pieces in either colour, there are plenty of hints and nods to the Jaguar heritage, some of which you'll be familiar with from previous Jaguar watches - such as the unique black dial.

The two available colours, grey and green, exactly match the colours of the cars Jaguar will recreate for the anniversary: 'Flat Out Grey' for the 9600 HP car, and 'Drop Everything Green' for the 77RW Roadster.

The hands of the watch replicate the tachometer need found in the car, whilst the crown is engraved with the period-correct pattern from Dunlop's racing tyres - little details that we've come to love from Bremont!

Turning the watch over shows off a 'typical' Bremont rotor - this time an exact miniaturisation of an alloy-spoke E-type steering wheel!

Alongside the watch, Jaguar are making 6 matching pairs of the two cars: the 9600HP and the 77RW Roadster - something they call the 'E-type 60 Collection.' I think you'll agree that, if you have the cars on order, you'll need the watches - and vice versa!

The set is 12995 and available here: Bremont Jaguar E-Type 60th

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 03-12-2021 at 09:15 AM.

The green on green does it for me and a drive of the most beautiful car in the world x 3 wow !!!
    3 of most beautiful feats of British engineering, The Spitfire, The Etype and a 1975 Norton Commando 850 roadster.
    I've sat in a Spitfire and own a S300 so I've a long way to go��
    I've turned, cut and ground many a thousand gears like the ones in the pic too including ones for Daimler.
    Oh my God that green is stunning ❤

I really like the grey version. I think that the green is a bit more shouty, it's the one you notice first when you look at the pictures but the grey has a subtle style of its own. Both are fantastic looking watches and what a great set. There have been a lot of comments online about the price of the set, it's certainly not inexpensive and very difficult in some ways to justify but when you're buying a set like this, if you feel the need to justify it then it's not really for you.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    There have been a lot of comments online about the price of the set, it's certainly not inexpensive and very difficult in some ways to justify but when you're buying a set like this, if you feel the need to justify it then it's not really for you.
    Agreed - and well put.

J.

I must say I really like the green version, but I can't see me getting one anytime soon, shame as I agree with Lancaster the E-Type is one of the most amazing cars ever made in the UK.