Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lume and gmt

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It could be argued that the MBIII isn't necessary as other watches in Bremonts line up have the GMT functionaility and I suspect that customers wanting that functionality might prefer the other models?

incidentally, I've just noticed that the MBIII with bracelet can't be purchased through the Bremont website. Curious.
    Iíd switch to an MB, but I donít get the pilot thing (I am quite uninterested in aviation and am much more inline with the Explorer thing), so the ejector seat tie-in isnít my thing (this I donít like the seconds hand counter balance and the pilots watch face). I do get the shock absorption, though.

Iíd be all over a gmt based on the S500 or S300 ó but the pilots watch thing doesnít do it for me (thatís my biggest gripe with my Alt1). Iím not saying thereís anything wrong with it, of course, itís just not where my preferences lie because itís not a connection I see in myself. I was really hoping thereíd be a gmt in the forces range (ex Army), but that never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Iím sorta with you there but I do love my altz1 - generally I favour GMT watches - do love a nice bit of lume also

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

I once had a rough gig with time zone tracking: A few years back, and in the 9th time zone in 3 days, I fell asleep exhausted at a hotel knowing that I had to head to the airport (yet again) by 7:20pm. It was winter, and I woke up at what I thought was 5am and returned to sleep ó not knowing that it was actually 5pm. I made this mistake through tiredness, but also because I could only see the main hands and the lumed plots on the dial (not the zulu hand (clearly ó too small a triangle) or the markers on the chapter-ring) and felt like I had slept forever. I missed the flight because when I actually woke back up, I did not have enough time to get to the airport.

Part of the issue is that I have really bad vision (Iím very short sighted), so unless watch lume is big, itís very blurred and faint). I appreciate the bigger watch dial, but itís functionally useless if thereís no lume (or not very much). I recognise that Iím in the minority, but Rolex figures it out in the 6542 way back in the Ď50s. Iím not sure why itís taken 70 years to figure it out again!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Try this one out - big enough even for you mate!!!

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post

Hahaha! Iíd see that even if my eyes were closed!

My fave for the long plane journey

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

My fave for the long plane journey

I looked into the BR B2-93, but I couldnít find one in the flesh ó the non-gmt version was super light.

I've been a Bell & Ross fan for a good few years (ever since the late Simon Cudd introduced me to them when he was their 'go to' guy - RIP, Si.)
    I really rather fancied a BR03 as even in the square case it seemed wearable..

J.

Indeed RIP Simon had one of the best-watch blogs going with BRAVO

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Indeed RIP Simon had one of the best-watch blogs going with BRAVO

Great picture.

Si was a friend, and a top gentleman.

As you know, we donated money from the SE301 project to Maggieís, Oxford, in his honour - I couldnít think of a more worthy cause.

J.