Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion

Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Fyi, I believe that the DH-88 and EP120 are the same thickness, 16mm.
    To be fair Iíve never worn one, or seen one in person so Iím not confident on the dimensions of either! (Only going off of what I read online) Though I still think Iíd prefer the EP120 regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blazingiron12; 06-13-2020 at 11:08 PM.

I've not tried on an EP120. I'd not even heard of Bremont when they were released and I've only ever seen one in a glass case at a Townhouse event. I have tried the DH-88 and while it is quite a deep watch it doesn't feel uncomfortably deep. If you've not seen either watch in person then you may be swayed by the charms of the DH-88 if you ever got to try one on

May be one day.....

I've not tried on an EP120. I'd not even heard of Bremont when they were released and I've only ever seen one in a glass case at a Townhouse event. I have tried the DH-88 and while it is quite a deep watch it doesn't feel uncomfortably deep. If you've not seen either watch in person then you may be swayed by the charms of the DH-88 if you ever got to try one on

May be one day.....
    Fair enough, I just made the assumption it would be too big as my wrists are small. Though I canít really judge until Iíve tried it! And maybe your right I could be swayed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing I do agree with you about is the DH-88's accessibility. I have a feeling that those who bought the EP120 are unlikely to sell it. I can't actually recall seeing a pre-owned one for sale.
    There have been a few over the years, all around the £18-20K mark from memory. Here's one we had offered for sale on the forum: Bremont EP120 For Sale.

The DH-88 on the other hand is still available in rose gold brand new from a certain retailer. I think the stainless steel ones all sold but the pre-owned value is surprisingly low. That is one thing I can't figure, a reason might be that those who bought it stretched their budgets a little and now need the cash back in their hand which has ended up with quite a few being available pre-owned and hence the price drops. That's the ONLY reason I can think of as it's a stunning watch that doesn't deserve the low pre-owned prices it's currently offered at.
    Agreed - the value currently does seem to be very low and undeservedly so. Maybe they'll slowly climb again in the future - one to watch? It's certainly a very good looking watch!

Fyi, I believe that the DH-88 and EP120 are the same thickness, 16mm.
    Correct.

J.

Can't go wrong with it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk