Thread: Americas Cup watches

Americas Cup watches

It seems that Omega are sponsoring the Americas Cup next year as their limited edition watch offering popped up on my Facebook feed;

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...dition/product

subtle it isn't! It's the type of watch that will sway opinion one way or the other, there won't be a middle ground. I happen to like more subtle watches and if you compare it with the likes of the Bremont ACII-R https://www.bremont.com/collections/...tainless-steel or the Regatta AC https://www.bremont.com/collections/...oducts/ac-r-ss I can't help but think that Bremont did a far better job. They also have a better grasp of what a limited edition should be, numbers wise!

thoughts?

It's not my cup of tea, I'm afraid - it's very 'in your face' and bright. That said, I'm sure it gets the message across because as soon as you see it on someone's wrist, there'll be no doubt about what it is!

It's also worth noting, just like Team Oracle for Bremont, Omega also sponsor Emirates Team New Zealand - and the X-33 Regatta that they launched to celebrate that is one watch I would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner
    They also have a better grasp of what a limited edition should be, numbers wise!

Oh, absolutely. In my opinion, the numbers they make are too high - 5007, 7007, 2021 etc. And again, in my opinion, a real LE is one that is limited to hundreds, if not tens, of units - something Bremont do well.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    It's also worth noting, just like Team Oracle for Bremont, Omega also sponsor Emirates Team New Zealand - and the X-33 Regatta that they launched to celebrate that is one watch I would buy.
    the X-33 Regatta, is that this one? - https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/om...gatta-in-depth

I do like it but not one I would buy. I prefer purely mechanical watches. It's definitely got a certain something about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Thatís the one.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner
    I do like it but not one I would buy. I prefer purely mechanical watches. It's definitely got a certain something about it though.
    Totally agree, and likewise - although Iíd make an exception for this and an Emergency. Call it professional curiosity for the latter....

J.

although I’d make an exception for this and an Emergency. Call it professional curiosity for the latter....
    I could be persuaded with the Omega, it would take some doing but I could be coerced. Not the Emergency though, not even in an emergency!

I could be persuaded with the Omega, it would take some doing but I could be coerced. Not the Emergency though, not even in an emergency!
    I call my hankering for an Emergency professional curiosity...!

J.

Not even this??? C'mon Mariner, show the Emergency some love!! LoL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye8278 View Post

'Classic' yellow dial too - nice! And the 'Breitling' imprinted rubber strap?

J.

'Classic' yellow dial too - nice! And the 'Breitling' imprinted rubber strap?

J.
    Yes indeed Jake - a truly wonderful combo in my humble opinion. Now, we just have to win Mariner over!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye8278 View Post
    I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder