Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to see a color explosion in watch dials very soon

Post I think we're going to see a color explosion in watch dials very soon

I think we're going to see a color explosion in watch dials very soon in big brands across the board to boot.

not just your average dial colors either. i'm talking showstoppers. the kind where peeps will buy the watch just because of it.

whether is metallic, special rocks or minerals,..or just plain color experimentation of shades, hues and the painted application.

There is only one of these Porsche acid green.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    There is only one of these Porsche acid green.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing.

I hope not. I like an understated watch. I dont mind an orange hand or red tip or something, but Id only ever consider a black or white dial. I sold my SMP300GMT because it had a blue dial and bezel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I hope not. I like an understated watch. I dont mind an orange hand or red tip or something, but Id only ever consider a black or white dial. I sold my SMP300GMT because it had a blue dial and bezel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Id consider a blue - or yellow if it was a Breitling Emergency, and only an Emergency.

Saying that, Ive a soft spot for the coral dial too, but would never own one myself...

J.

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I hope not. I like an understated watch. I don’t mind an orange hand or red tip or something, but I’d only ever consider a black or white dial. I sold my SMP300GMT because it had a blue dial and bezel!
    I like an understated watch to wear but I do like extrovert watches to look at. I'm probably a little less conservative than yourself as I very much like the dial on the new Bremont Hercules precious metal watches. I'm not sure what it's officially called but it looks like a brown sunburst. One of my favourite watches to look at, at the moment, is the Ulysses Nardin Skeleton X. It's quite extrovert and not sure I could ever wear one but it's a great looking watch.

As for the OP's comment, I'm not sure that theres anything new in brightly coloured dials. I've seen plenty of bright watch dials over the years, to the point of being garish. I don't think that will change much, a few watches will be released that look like show stop stoppers but the 'brand and butter' watches will need to appeal to the masses and bright or garish watches unfortunately don't. That's where I think Bremont have got it right with the new MBII. The potential of a brightly coloured barrel adds individuality without seeming overly extrovert.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    II'm not sure what it's officially called but it looks like a brown sunburst.
    Officially speaking it is a 'matt brown metal dial.'

.....it looks a lot better than it sounds, doesn't it?

J.

I like an understated watch to wear but I do like extrovert watches to look at. I'm probably a little less conservative than yourself as I very much like the dial on the new Bremont Hercules precious metal watches. I'm not sure what it's officially called but it looks like a brown sunburst. One of my favourite watches to look at, at the moment, is the Ulysses Nardin Skeleton X. It's quite extrovert and not sure I could ever wear one but it's a great looking watch.

As for the OP's comment, I'm not sure that theres anything new in brightly coloured dials. I've seen plenty of bright watch dials over the years, to the point of being garish. I don't think that will change much, a few watches will be released that look like show stop stoppers but the 'brand and butter' watches will need to appeal to the masses and bright or garish watches unfortunately don't. That's where I think Bremont have got it right with the new MBII. The potential of a brightly coloured barrel adds individuality without seeming overly extrovert.
    That Hercules H4 in platinum is an absolute stunner, would LOOOOVE one of those. Unfortunately its about 24995 above my current available funds..!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Officially speaking it is a 'matt brown metal dial.'

.....it looks a lot better than it sounds, doesn't it?

J.
    It's a stunning looking dial and 'matt brown metal' just doesn't do it justice. Bremonts marketing department have slipped up a little bit there. I've just checked the description for the Supersonic dial and they call that one 'Sunray'. Other than the colour it reminds me a lot of that dial.

It's a stunning looking dial and 'matt brown metal' just doesn't do it justice. Bremonts marketing department have slipped up a little bit there. I've just checked the description for the Supersonic dial and they call that one 'Sunray'. Other than the colour it reminds me a lot of that dial.
    Interesting little dit from Nick today - he refers to it as a tobacco dial.

J.