Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is there no news out there since so long?

Question Why is there no news out there since so long?

Do you guys have any idea why is there no news out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleve Hope View Post
    Do you guys have any idea why is there no news out there?
    Bremont does post quite a bit on Instagram. This user site seems a bit dormant.

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Quote Originally Posted by spyvito View Post
    This is a fan forum and relies on the fans to get conversation going. Sadly, there has been a downturn in traffic (members) here as of late.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by spyvito View Post
    To be fair, there's not an awful lot on any of the social media channels simply because there's not an awful lot of news. Any new products from Bremont have been featured on this forum. I follow Bremont fans on Facebook and at the moment that's simply full of either pictures of Bremonts on owners wrists or watches for sale. No product news from Bremont other than what you've seen here.

There is also something more significant going on in the world right now which I'm sure has shifted everyones focus. I believe that most of the big names in watch making have delayed product launches.

Why is there no news out there since so long?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    To be fair, there's not an awful lot on any of the social media channels simply because there's not an awful lot of news. Any new products from Bremont have been featured on this forum. I follow Bremont fans on Facebook and at the moment that's simply full of either pictures of Bremonts on owners wrists or watches for sale. No product news from Bremont other than what you've seen here.

There is also something more significant going on in the world right now which I'm sure has shifted everyones focus. I believe that most of the big names in watch making have delayed product launches.
    No doubt you've seen me trying to keep that running then, too - alongside Bremont.

Although, that said, it does get a lot more engagement than the forum BUT maybe that's just the shifting times? Facebook is a lot easier to 'hop on and post' than a forum.

And yes, agree. All the major brands have delayed (or even cancelled) launches of their new watches - and Bremont, likewise. I'm sure when news reaches of an impending launch, the forum will fire up again.

Thanks for sticking with it.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 05-26-2020 at 07:45 PM.

I think that forums have their place alongside Facebook and Instagram. I could think of a forum being a night out for a meal. There's a lot to talk about and it's an interesting place to be. On the other hand, Facebook and Instagram are like snacking, it's a quick bite to eat and then it's forgotten.

At the moment the Bremont fans Facebook page holds very little interest for me but it is far easier to follow. I can dip in, have a quick look and then move on. This forum on the other hand I tend to leave until an evening when I have more time spare. Apples and oranges really.

regardless of which is the more popular option, I'm a big fan of this forum and will be here for the foreseeable future.

A little bit of good news.....according to instagram, Bremonts Mayfair boutique will be reopening next week on an appointment only basis. Hopefully starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

edit: I've just noticed that at the bottom of the Fathers Day press release, Bremont mention a new special edition to be launched on the 18th June!
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 06-11-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Why is there no news out there since so long?

I didn’t know about Bremont’s FB page — I’ll add that to the list of things to scroll trough!

I suppose the closure of the ADs has hit sales, but I’m not sure why that would affect launches. I’ve never been to a launch in my life — nor would I. I love watches, but there’s never any near me (the nearest Bremont Boutique is 1400 miles away and the nearest other brand AD is over 300) and I don’t see me travelling to one if they don’t have the watch I want.

So, for me, I find out about watch launches through Instagram or a forum — like the new SBGJ237, which is pretty much the watch I’ve suggested to the brothers that they should build (albeit smaller and with a matt black dial and bezel):

When watches are launched online, I can see if I like it and then order one. This way of marketing is acceptable and has the requisite results.

Sometimes, you have to switch out your business model to keep on keeping on! Trust the Japanese to have thought outside of the regular model to account for changing times. Indeed this is what Bremont have done with their MB configuration tool — they just needed to expand the launch online with new models (or suffer the consequences of a year without launching other models).

There’s really no reason that a bigger online launch with zoom video conferencing and the like could not be generated. To be honest, the brothers have missed a great opportunity to do something while other manufacturers slept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shedlock2000; 06-11-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    When watches are launched online, I can see if I like it and then order one. This way of marketing is acceptable and has the requisite results.
    Depends on your point of view. I think the watches look totally different in person to how they look online, whether that be in marketing pictures or media reviews. There are a few examples I can think of with Bremont. A couple of the limited edition Americas Cup watches looked totally different in person as does the rose gold Bremont Wright Flyer (I've seen one in a boutique). I suspect that the Project Possible watch will look very different in person as well.

I would only ever buy a watch in person unless I had no other option.

as for launches, Bremont have always made a point of them being a 'gathering' whether that be a historical limited edition launch party or alternatively, the Bremont Townhouse. This is the first year since I've been aware of the brand that the launches have been online and I think that something has been lost with that but as there was no other option due to the times we're in, it's simply a case of the best option at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I didn’t know about Bremont’s FB page — I’ll add that to the list of things to scroll trough!
    There's actually a Bremont FB page and a Bremont Fans FB page. Plenty to scroll through!