Thread: Bremont Victory without box or papers

Bremont Victory without box or papers

Something caught my attention while having a browse on the Chrono24 website. There is a Victory for sale through a dealer without box or papers. I'm fascinated why someone who owns such an iconic watch would not have the box. The box itself is something very special and part of the package as far as I'm concerned. Papers can go missing during house moves etc. so that I can possibly understand but not having the box, seems odd to me. Thoughts?

I know my father in law while in the Forces bought an Omega Moonwatch, he kept the cards but just didn't have the capacity to keep the box, due to moving around a fair bit. Some people just only want the watch to wear, the rest of the stuff is just packaging. I know I prefer a full set, just for state of mind, as the box just gets chucked in the loft.

Tricky one - I wouldn't touch a watch without it being a full set, it's just the way I am. I fully understand how the B&P could get lost or misplaced, especially on a low end or beater piece, but an investment-grade Limited Edition Bremont? Hmm..

I'm not saying it's not possible, of course it is, but I certainly wouldn't let it happen - and personally, I wouldn't touch a watch of that ilk without full it.

J.

Iím a watch only kinda guy. Iíve kept my packaging because I tend to flip them eventually, but Iíd be happy to buy just the watch ó I donít wear boxes and they just take up space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Tricky one - I wouldn't touch a watch without it being a full set, it's just the way I am. I fully understand how the B&P could get lost or misplaced, especially on a low end or beater piece, but an investment-grade Limited Edition Bremont? Hmm..

I'm not saying it's not possible, of course it is, but I certainly wouldn't let it happen - and personally, I wouldn't touch a watch of that ilk without full it.

J.
    I'm of the same frame of mind. The importance of the packaging varies from watch to watch in my mind. So watches such as the Victory and 1918, the box is part of the complete package. One doesn't go without the other. The Supersonic is an interesting one as I would say the holder is also part of the complete package yet it seems more of an add on than the other two. The DH88 was a custom wallet and printed box and while part of the set, that I could see being sold as a watch on its own. However, I wouldn't buy any of them pre-owned if they didn't come as the full set.

Coming back to the Victory, the box would be where I would keep the watch when off the wrist. It's definitely a show piece as well as the watch so I couldn't see why someone wouldn't have it. That said, I'm sure a year or so ago I saw a Victory box for sale on its own on eBay.