Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your 'grail' watch

Your 'grail' watch

I often hear about watch fans and their 'grail' watches so as many of us have time on our hands at the moment (forgive the pun) I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about 'grail' watches and everyones personal choices. It doesn't have to be a Bremont but it certainly can be. It might also be interesting to hear what people regard as a 'grail' watch. Is it one that you will never own or one that you think is attainable?

My own choices are the more recent Hercules platinum and the older rose gold Victory from Bremont and for some reason, the one I'll most likely never own but really like is the Ulysses Nardin Freak Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I often hear about watch fans and their 'grail' watches so as many of us have time on our hands at the moment (forgive the pun) I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about 'grail' watches and everyones personal choices. It doesn't have to be a Bremont but it certainly can be. It might also be interesting to hear what people regard as a 'grail' watch. Is it one that you will never own or one that you think is attainable?

My own choices are the more recent Hercules platinum and the older rose gold Victory from Bremont and for some reason, the one I'll most likely never own but really like is the Ulysses Nardin Freak Vision.
    I have three in total EP120 The first LE I sold. Codebreaker: This watch has grown on me over the years and I love the stories behind the watch. Grand Seiko Hi-Beat: In my view a great movement and a lovely looking watch.

Bremont wise

DH88 - Gold
    The 1918 - Steel

What I will buy this year:

Hmmmmmmm? I think a Schoefield is in the cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
    I have three in total EP120 The first LE I sold. Codebreaker: This watch has grown on me over the years and I love the stories behind the watch. Grand Seiko Hi-Beat: In my view a great movement and a lovely looking watch.
    Good choices. I've only ever seen the EP120 in pictures but I really like the look of it. Unfortunately DLC watches never suit me so I'd have to rule that one out. The Codebreaker is an odd one. It's very popular and I can understand why but I've never taken to it. So would your choice be the stainless or gold version?

The Grand Seiko I like the look of, thanks for mentioning. I've passed the Grand Seiko store in Knightsbridge many times but never called in. Next time I'm in London....

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    DH88 - Gold
    The 1918 - Steel
    Nice! I'd have the 1918 in gold and the DH-88 in steel just to be different!

My grails (I class these as absolute grails because I will never own them)

Greubel-Forsey GMT
    MB&F HM4

Iíve been lucky enough to handle both of the above, absolutely masterful watchmaking. Hereís my picture of the GMT..

The price? A cool $630k..

Anyway....

Bremont-wise, my grail (which I hope will one day be achievable) is an EP120. I mean, is there any Bremont fan that doesnít want to own one..?

J.

Wow, what a watch! Unusual but very cool as well.

I thought that with so many people being at home at the moment that there may have been a bit more input to this thread. Not to worry, I'll give it a little 'nudge'.

I was thinking about watches this evening and my 'equivalent' to the GMT popped into my head. I love the design of this watch but could probably never wear it and could certainly never afford it.

https://www.hublot.com/en/collection...rari-all-black

Iím lucky enough to already own mine ! The Wright Flyer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    Iím lucky enough to already own mine ! The Wright Flyer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1