Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea Going Straps

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I don't know, I think it was just a name change. It's a really nice strap, whatever it's called.
    I have one of the earlier Kevlar straps. As hoped it was going to be on par of my old IWC top gun kevlar strap. Let's say I was massively disappointed. The strap also fraded badly on edge and around holes.
    Fingers crossed the new woven is better.
    Photos of both the kevlar and yellow dogs rubber

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would also recommend the straps at iWantaStrap.com. They mimic the kevlar / woven look but are made of a durable waterproof sailcloth. Also quite affordable and come in a variety of stitch colors.

https://www.iwantastrap.com/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I have one of the earlier Kevlar straps........The strap also fraded badly on edge and around holes.
    makes me think that it wasn't actually Kevlar as it's one of the toughest materials around wouldn't fray easily. Might explain why they changed the name?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    makes me think that it wasn't actually Kevlar as it's one of the toughest materials around wouldn't fray easily. Might explain why they changed the name?
    Was only kevlar in name unfortunately. That was when I tried Toshi straps for alternate straps. Never looked back since.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How about a rubber nato, or 'standard' nylon nato. I think it also depends on how often you'll be in the water; when I'm diving, whatever watch I'm wearing will almost always be on an OEM rubber, or a nato. Having said that, last year I wore my Omega on a leather-backed nato when snorkeling and it showed no ill effects - I know, however, that doing this over time will degrade the leather. That strap is so comfortable, I bought one and put a Bremont dlc buckle on it for my S500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5319.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	4666