Poll: Where did you purchase your Bremont?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Where did you purchase your Bremont?

There was certainly no offence taken by me, I am here to learn as much as I can about Bremont & their watches & any information given by members is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Deployant chaps, just to correct
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBluesGreens View Post
    Correct - well pointed out!

For ease, though, I was simply calling it what Bremont themselves call it, just incase Bounce was unfamilia
    Opening a can of worms here I see so I may as well start a debate

It's my understanding that the word is 'deployante' (with an accent above the 'e' which my keyboard won't do) and is French (Swiss?) roughly translated as 'extending'. Deployant isn't actually a word despite being used by a portion of the watch world where as deployment is actually a word but doesn't have a similar meaning, just a similar sound. Both deployant and deployment are equally used and arguably equally wrong.

However, that aside, given that Bremont call it a deployment clasp, in this conversation it's what we should call it

I patiently wait to be contradicted

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

It's my understanding that the word is 'deployante' (with an accent above the 'e' which my keyboard won't do) and is French (Swiss?) roughly translated as 'extending'. Deployant isn't actually a word despite being used by a portion of the watch world where as deployment is actually a word but doesn't have a similar meaning, just a similar sound. Both deployant and deployment are equally used and arguably equally wrong.

However, that aside, given that Bremont call it a deployment clasp, in this conversation it's what we should call it

Sounds good to me

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Newb
    I tried the 500 yesterday in Goldsmiths at the Trafford Centre because they only had the white 300.
    The 500 though too big for my sub 7" wrist is a real beaut in blue and about twice the weight of the SMP I had on.
    The assistant said price was negotiable but not a great lot.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I was always told always listen to wiser person. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinr View Post
    I tried the 500 yesterday in Goldsmiths at the Trafford Centre because they only had the white 300.
    The 500 though too big for my sub 7" wrist is a real beaut in blue and about twice the weight of the SMP I had on.
    The assistant said price was negotiable but not a great lot.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

My wrist is 6.75" & I think the S500 is fine.

Where did you purchase your Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Gorgeous, I really do like the blue, and the hint of red sets it all off nicely.

I was always told always listen to wiser person. :-)

Likewise - I’ll take that, theancientmariner!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinr View Post
    It's curious as to what you get used to. When I first tried on the Terra Nova limited edition some years ago it felt huge and I didn't like it. I have quite small wrists like yours. Then after several years the Endurance was released and I tried that on expecting the same reaction but as it turns out I really liked it and it didn't seem too big. Physically they're very similar so I can only put it down to personal perception, in the first instance I didn't want a big watch so it felt out of place but later may be I found the size more tolerable. They're both stunning watches as is the S500 which no doubt helps.

It looks perfect and such a nice watch!

It's curious as to what you get used to. When I first tried on the Terra Nova limited edition some years ago it felt huge and I didn't like it. I have quite small wrists like yours. Then after several years the Endurance was released and I tried that on expecting the same reaction but as it turns out I really liked it and it didn't seem too big. Physically they're very similar so I can only put it down to personal perception, in the first instance I didn't want a big watch so it felt out of place but later may be I found the size more tolerable. They're both stunning watches as is the S500 which no doubt helps.
    Completely agree here. I was just saying to Jake the other day, that I have owned and sold many various editions of the S500 as I always feel once I have it that its far too thick for me to wear. However, when I actually have one here its the one I always reach for to put on!! I will say this with the caveat that I do have to wear them on the integrated rubber strap or the bracelet as these help to hide the chunkiness of the case in my opinion.