Poll: Where did you purchase your Bremont?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where did you purchase your Bremont?

I normally pop to London a couple of times a year for watch browsing entertainment, Harrods, Selfridges, Bond St etc so will definitely take in the Mayfair Boutique next time.

If there was a GTG arranged in London & I was free you could count me in, I have a lot to learn about Bremont & their watches past & present.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Thought it might have been. I saw the Victory on their website with a POA so for curiosity sake I asked the question. They're willing to sell it if you're willing to pay the asking price, approximately two BoB sets I believe.
    I can only go off what they said they achieved for a secondhand Victory when I was trying the Wrighflyer and that was 35k, a bit of sales patter I don't know, knowing them they will be trying to get the same if not more.
    I did notice it went up for sale fairly quickly once LE'resale prices started to struggle a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    I can only go off what they said they achieved for a secondhand Victory when I was trying the Wrighflyer and that was 35k, a bit of sales patter I don't know, knowing them they will be trying to get the same if not more.
    I did notice it went up for sale fairly quickly once LE'resale prices started to struggle a bit.
    There's one on Chrono24 at the moment from Blowers Jewellers for 31.5K. As an aside, theres an RG DH88 on WatchFinder for 13750 - bit of a difference, eh?

J.

Yet the ss Victory doesn't command the same 50% + increase anymore. Definitely one of if not the best LE they have produced.

Yet the ss Victory doesn't command the same 50% + increase anymore. Definitely one of if not the best LE they have produced.
    I would agree - the SS values seem to have softened a lot compared to what they were several years ago.

For example there's an SS DH88 for sale at the moment for just over 5k - a major Bremont LE for sale well under list price would've seemed bonkers 4/5 years ago, wouldn't it?

J.

I think that will be the way forward for all LE's post Wrighflyer movement gaff by the brothers, it was their Ratner moment I would say and that it's also put some strain on pre LE's to.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 06-30-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    A quick heads up - I was looking to arrange a 'forum only' event at the Mayfair boutique for July/August this year, but then COVID happened.

As soon as it is practical (with social distancing etc) and wise to do so, I am going to try and arrange it again, but I appreciate this may not be for some considerable time yet, especially as we are scattered around the country and getting to London may take a little bit of effort in some cases..

The last one I arranged there got a few of us together but I hope for this potential GTG to be better attended...

J.
    I'd definitely be interested. I missed out on the last gathering due to my usual habit of trying to fit too many things into too little time so it would be good to meet up at some point. I should be heading into London in the not too distant future but preferably when everything is a bit more 'normal' again. I also don't think it would feel right if two of the boutiques were still closed, especially given that the Royal Exchange is my personal favourite (despite it sadly having at least one less member of staff when it reopens).

I was told the same, that they sold a RG Victory for 35k, yet they offered the one they have to me at 30k a year ago. Definitely came across as sales patter. Curiously, the one that J. mentions selling for 31.5k on Chrono24 is on their own website at 26k. I take these prices with a pinch of salt though and don't imagine for a second that they're the true value as in both cases they've been for sale for over a year. I wonder if it's more a case of them not being particularly interested in selling quickly and more a case of holding on to them for some time but will sell them should someone be willing to pay the exaggerated prices.

I disagree about the comments of SS watches vs RG. Of the RG watches, the Wright Flyer and DH-88 sell pre-owned for around 2/3 of their rrp as do their SS equivalents. The SS Victory, when available, seems to sell for about 75 percent of its rrp, possibly slightly more. I've not seen a RG Victory sell recently so no comparison there. The Codebreaker in both cases seems to sell at about rrp. Curiously, of the more recent LE's, the SS Supersonic seems to be holding its price well as does the RG. I've not seen any white gold Supersonics for sale. What is quite intriguing is a non historical LE, the Norton V4 which seems to be holding its value well.

To be perfectly honest, I would expect most Bremont watches to lose around 1/3 of their value when pre-owned. There are occasional exceptions but rarely. It's much the same with most other watch brands barring those who control the market and hold their values artificially high.

On the subject of pre-owned watches, I noticed on watchfinder at least two MB1's for sale. On principle I disagree with those being available pre-owned. Given the circumstances in which one can be purchased from Bremont, my opinion is that the red barrel should be on 'loan'. Should the customer then choose to sell their watch, the barrel colour could be changed meaning that only those who have ejected are able to have a true MB1. I think the idea that a sub 5k watch is being sold pre-owned for 17k so that someone who has the money can own a watch that they can't buy direct from the manufacturer and haven't met the requirements for original ownership seems somehow wrong.

Your comment about the Wright Flyer movement gaff possibly holds true for the Wright Flyer but I'm not sure it's affected any later watches. The Wright Flyer can still be purchased new in both RG and SS as far as I'm aware which says a lot about its desirability, possibly due to the movement debacle, possibly due to its very high rrp. However later LE's such as the 1918 and the Supersonic sold very quickly, especially in SS guise. Given that the movement in the Hercules is a variation on the Wright Flyer movement, that doesn't seem to have done too badly either.