Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COSC Certificate

COSC Certificate

Good evening all, just a quick question.
    Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the COSC Certificate from Bremont, I sent all the details online as soon as I received the watch & its been 3 weeks now, just curious how long others have taken?
    Thanks.

As far as I'm aware you should have the ISO certificate (which replaces the COSC certificate) included with your watch when you purchased it. Bremont no longer mail out the certificates. I know this is confusing as the warranty card still refers to the certificate being mailed out.

It can take a good few weeks sometimes Bounce and they may be on a reduced team at the moment which could slow things down.

From the Bremont website - https://www.bremont.com/pages/thank-...5f7b4f5c&_ss=r

it says delivery can take up to 12 weeks.

Thanks for the replies gents, I received the certificate today along with a nice little luggage tag.

COSC Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Thanks for the replies gents, I received the certificate today along with a nice little luggage tag.
    Glad to hear you’ve received it safely. The luggage tags are a lovely little bit of ‘swag.’

J.

Just had a thought, weren't Bremont supposed to be replacing COSC with ISO for their certification at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Just had a thought, weren't Bremont supposed to be replacing COSC with ISO for their certification at some point?
    It's already happened - this came with my SE301. I think it may have something to do with whether the movement has been lingering in stock or not. It's not unheard of that a watch can sit for a long period before being sold - despite it still being new.

Pictures below of the ISO 3159 Cert for anyone who hasn't seen one yet.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-01-2020 at 08:45 AM.

I think it's the first time I've seen one of those. It's interesting that the testing still happens in Switzerland. Is that simply because the movement is Swiss and they have to be tested in Switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I think it's the first time I've seen one of those. It's interesting that the testing still happens in Switzerland. Is that simply because the movement is Swiss and they have to be tested in Switzerland?
    I would imagine - and I could well be wrong - that is because ISO is a Swiss organisation, headquartered in Geneva, alongside the fact it is a Swiss movement.

J.