Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont in 2020 - What do you want to see?

Bremont in 2020 - What do you want to see?

Hey Everyone!

As another thread alluded to, we expect to be hearing some news regarding Townhouse 2020 and are anxious to see what Nick and Giles have been planning to release this year!

That being said, I'm curious as to what our Alt1tude community is wanting to see from Bremont this year? In other words, if YOU were designing the perfect Bremont watch to be released this year, please share with us what it would be like!
    What size would it be?
    What colors?
    What primary and secondary strap would you mount the watch on?
    Which complication would you build around?
    Are there any unique features that would make the watch technically different than the rest?
    Who would you choose to be an Ambassador for this watch, and why would you choose them?

I always love to hear predictions and compare them to what ACTUALLY comes out, but this will add a bit of fun while we await more news for the 2020 releases.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Personally, I would love to see a new chronograph with a look that gets back to the roots of Bremont's inception. Something along the lines of the ALT1-P or ALT1-Z - the originals just scream that they're built like tanks!!

The ALT1-P2 was interesting, but I was hoping for more as part of the refresh. I was also extremely disappointed with the removal of the 8 o'clock, bi-directional sub-crown. I understand that removing this allowed for a scale-back in price, but it was an amazing feature that really added a subtle, extra detail and balanced the overall look of the case.

As for extra features, a DLC finish would also be great - available with a steel bracelet or woven strap (while we're at it, let's also bring back the black/white kevlar strap!!).

I've been a fan since the beginning and I think a heritage piece would be welcomed by many of the loyalists.

Just my two cents (admittedly not worth much). ; )
    Last edited by hawkeye8278; 01-30-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Some nice ideas there, Hawkeye.

For me, I’d like to see a Martin-Baker Solo - a slightly more chunky version of the Solo, with the usual features that you’d expect from an MBI, II, or III.

There was a prototype of this watch made as part of the original Martin-Baker testing, but it never saw the light of day.

Here it is on the right - picture from Nick’s Instagram. I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing..

J.

J,

Absolutely love the pic. I'm salivating over the DLC ALT1-P which looks to be the initial Michael Wong version. I've seen a similar Aggressors special issue - absolutely stunning!!

Bremont in 2020 - What do you want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye8278 View Post
    J,

Absolutely love the pic. I'm salivating over the DLC ALT1-P which looks to be the initial Michael Wong version. I've seen a similar Aggressors special issue - absolutely stunning!!
    The P in that picture is also an initial Martin-Baker prototype, one of 10 created as part of an £8m+ development programme by Bremont and Martin-Baker.

Here is the complete set: easily the rarest Bremont watches in existence - I’m very grateful to have had the chance to handle the watches myself. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have on my phone from that occasion - doh!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    For me, I’d like to see a Martin-Baker Solo - a slightly more chunky version of the Solo, with the usual features that you’d expect from an MBI, II, or III..
    That looks so good!

A few ideas of my own;

1. Anodised purple barrel for the MB watches. Very popular colour for anodising in the 90's and making a comeback
    2. A sunburst dial (as on the Supersonic or Hercules watches) for a model in the ALT1 range.
    3. Polished or satin silver version of the Trip-Tick case rather than black dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

1. Anodised purple barrel for the MB watches. Very popular colour for anodising in the 90's and making a comeback
    Not many people know this, but that has actually be done before on the MBII - for Coutts Bank as part of a charity auction.

Well strictly speaking, it was more burgundy than purple, but still..

J.

Burgundy is ok but purple is king!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was having a look at the Tudor watch range yesterday and they have a watch with the case manufactured from bronze. Started to wonder what a Bremont watch would like like with a case manufactured from Bronze....

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I was having a look at the Tudor watch range yesterday and they have a watch with the case manufactured from bronze. Started to wonder what a Bremont watch would like like with a case manufactured from Bronze....
    Yes, a bronze diver would be amazing!
    @mr.airwristi

Current collection:
    Bremont MBII Military and Special Projects (Titanium Barrel)
    Bremont MBIII Military and Special Projects DLC (Jet Barrel)
    Bremont RAAF Medical Branch
    Rolex Explorer 2 16570
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Chrono-Time 9121/0S