Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bremont in 2020 - What do you want to see?

Very nice bracelet. Think Iíll need to pick one up, on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Normington View Post
    Very nice bracelet. Think I’ll need to pick one up, on release.
    They are only available on the new S2000 as it stands, Normington. I'll let you know if they get rumoured for release on anything else.

J.

40mm MB series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd like to see more models with the option of a closed caseback; the new configurator is the way forward in this respect. It may seem irrational but I just can't have a watch with a glass back.

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see more models with the option of a closed caseback; the new configurator is the way forward in this respect. It may seem irrational but I just can't have a watch with a glass back.
    Nothing irrational here, I donít see the point of display backs. I never take my watch off, so I look only at the front! You canít see the movement of the watch if itís on a nato anyway. It does little other than add unnecessarily to the thickness of the watch, imho.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    Nothing irrational here, I donít see the point of display backs. I never take my watch off, so I look only at the front! You canít see the movement of the watch if itís on a nato anyway. It does little other than add unnecessarily to the thickness of the watch, imho.

Personally I like them - it just adds a little something extra, especially in a more dressy watch such as the Solo or Airco.

That being said, I think for some watches (such as the MB series) it has the potential to detract from the watch itself - taking away two of the main highlights: the full shock protection and the anti-magnetic (Faraday cage) protection.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Personally I like them - it just adds a little something extra, especially in a more dressy watch such as the Solo or Airco.
    I agree. On some watches they're probably not a necessity but it's still nice to see the mechanism at work. On the Solo it looks really good and compliments the watch. Then taken to the extreme, on watches such as the DH88, Supersonic and 1918 (amongst others) the back can be as appealing as the front.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I agree. On some watches they're probably not a necessity but it's still nice to see the mechanism at work. On the Solo it looks really good and compliments the watch. Then taken to the extreme, on watches such as the DH88, Supersonic and 1918 (amongst others) the back can be as appealing as the front.
    Agreed - but I purposely left them out as itís almost de rigueur for watches if that ilk to have them, in my opinion!
    In fact, I once saw a gent wearing a P-51 Ďback to frontí on their wrist at a Bremont event, so that proves that point!

J.

I like to include them simply because they're very rarely seen and so people often base their opinions on the watches that they do see which are usually the non LE watches. When they see a historical LE watch they would most likely have a different opinion about a display back. That said, watches such as the Jaguar range have very neatly designed rotors and hence the display back is a must. Of all the Bremont watches I've seen with display backs, the only one I can say I would have a preference for a closed back would be the Project Possible.

I suppose a closed back is more advantageous for watch manufacturers as any imperfections in the mechanism can be hidden. For perspective, I'm quite a fan of the Ulysses Nardin Skeleton watches.