Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a Townhouse event in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Kinda off topic, but maybe not. There seems to be some sort of "New Bremont HQ" under construction, according to Nick's Instagram Stories.
    It's been a long time coming and I think has suffered a number of hold ups but it looks great in pictures. If it is due to open in June then it would be nice to have the next historical LE launch there (assuming there is one of course).

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'll disagree with you there. I suspect with the cost associated with an in-house movement, that even if it does make it into watches this year, which I'm doubtful of, it will only appear in a top end limited edition model. It will inevitably find its way into the other models eventually but over a few years. it will have to from a cost effective point of view.

p.s. I think your watch is great.
    Thanks Mariner. But I'll respectfully disagree with your point on the movement. To design a movement meant only for top shelf watch editions seems ill-advised to me. It makes more sense that, factoring in the related R&D costs, you need to put it into watches that will sell in large volumes. Bremont isn't an investor-owned company that can afford such a luxury at this moment. Plus Swatch is again looking to limit ETA sales to non-Swatch brands once again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood my post. A in-house movement will inevitably find it's way into the volume watch models, it has to as you mentioned for cost effectiveness reasons. However, it will also inevitably start out in the more high end and probably LE watches. If you think about Bremonts previous 'exotic' movements, the BWC/01 was only in the Wright Flyer, AC35 and Jaguar Mk1 watches, of those only the Jaguar Mk1 was a non limited edition but still around £9k. The latest movement, the BWC/02 is only in the current Hercules H-4 limited edition models.

You're comment about Bremont not being an investor owned company is an interesting one. I don't know the exact shareholder status in Bremont but one of the Company Directors is also Director of an investment company (I think he's the current Bremont M.D.?). Any company requiring an amount of investment on the scale of Bremonts (new HQ and investing in machinery to make their own movement) will inevitably have to make compromises.

Bremont seem to be dragging their heels this year. We're into the end of January and not even a hint about the Townhouse yet?

Bremont seem to be dragging their heels this year. We're into the end of January and not even a hint about the Townhouse yet?
    See my post earlier in this thread - there WILL be a Townhouse, probably slightly different to other years too, but no dates set as of yet.

J.

I wasn't suggesting that there wasn't going to be a Townhouse, merely that there's be no lead up, hints, whatever you'd like to call it. Last years event we all knew about my mid January, this year we're at the end of January with no signs at all from Bremont and the event itself is rumoured to be in March which is around the same time as it was last year. What I'm getting at is you'd think that Bremont might want to promote the launch of their new watches a bit more than they actually are. If you don't live inside London then you need to make plans to attend and if you live overseas and want to attend, you'll most likely need even more time to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    there WILL be a Townhouse
    Almost the end of February. Still confident?

Almost the end of February. Still confident?
    Having read through the post, I think he probably is mate. As no reference has ever been made to it being held by a particular date, in fact he quite clearly says that no dates have been set and it will likely be a different format. So reading between the lines, you can maybe guess that something will be happening in line with the opening of the new HQ. Would make financial sense I guess!! But, time will tell...!

Possibly. Though the new HQ won’t be ready until the Autumn and that’s right on top of the usual LE launch. Shame really as I was looking forward to a winter/spring event Still, it is only February.

Nice to keep the conversation going though

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Having read through the post, I think he probably is mate. As no reference has ever been made to it being held by a particular date, in fact he quite clearly says that no dates have been set and it will likely be a different format. So reading between the lines, you can maybe guess that something will be happening in line with the opening of the new HQ. Would make financial sense I guess!! But, time will tell...!
    Thanks Steve.

J.