Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Townhouse event in 2020?

Is there a Townhouse event in 2020?

I think it's normally in March and couldn't make it last year but did make it through the snow 2 years ago.

Is there one scheduled for this year does anyone know? I'm hoping I can get there, work and childcare permitting!

Rich.

Hey Rich, great to see you still lurking here!

There WILL be a Townhouse event this year, but no dates are set just yet.

It may also be a slightly different format this year too - watch this space! (Pun not intended!)

J.

I'd heard that there will be one and it's likely to be early March although as Jake said, no dates have been set yet.

Not sure I like the idea of a different format, depends on what it is of course. It's hard enough for anyone north of the Watford Gap to get to as it is, I hope that they make it easier, not more difficult.

Just purchased my second Bremont. It's an MBII. A few years ago, I had to sell my first MBII for another watch and was always wanting another. It's been a while since I posted in this forum, but I think I'll be lurking around here for a little while. I posted this over at WUS as well, so some of you may have seen it. Mike Pearson made a comment that a few changes are coming next year. Specifically, he posted,

"What I will say is that the MBII and MBIII range will be changing next year when Bremont announces a whole new line up of core models.

The MB, U2, Boeing and part of the ALT1-C range will either be discontinued or changed which means that current models may be the last that we will ever see in the wild!

If you see one you like then my advice is snap it up before the year ends.

The MBII is the best selling Bremont consistently over the last 10 years and you will love wearing it."

I have to think that this year's Townhouse event is going to be pretty special. I'm really looking forward to see where they take the MB lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post

I have to think that this year's Townhouse event is going to be pretty special. I'm really looking forward to see where they take the MB lineup.
    Absolutely - its going to be special for sure.

Welcome to the forum, a great first post. Do share a picture of your MBII with us, wed love to see it. Which barrel have you gone for?

J.

The MBII is the best selling Bremont consistently over the last 10 years and you will love wearing it
    Couldn't agree with that more. The MBII is a great watch and so easy to wear. My personal favourite was the orange barrel with orange stitched black leather strap but the MBIII 10th Anniversary on a brown alligator strap is slowly taking the lead.

It will be interesting to see what the MB and ALT1-C lineups are changed to, if they are. They're both extremely good looking watches and in my opinion the ALT1-C especially will be tricky to replace.

I think any changes in the lineup begin with the much-discussed in-house movement. Beyond that, I wonder if the sizes will be reduced a bit. The trend seems to be that watches are getting smaller. As for the MBII, I can also see the dial being changed a little. Any tweaks, however, should be evolutionarily, not a complete redesign. It's too iconic and popular to turn it it to something completely different.

As for my MBII, since you asked...it's a blue barrel with white dial. Bought it three months old last week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kinda off topic, but maybe not. There seems to be some sort of "New Bremont HQ" under construction, according to Nick's Instagram Stories.

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Kinda off topic, but maybe not. There seems to be some sort of "New Bremont HQ" under construction, according to Nick's Instagram Stories.
    Yes indeed, that is an ongoing project and has been for some time. Its due to open around about June, and yes, there will be a party!

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 01-29-2020 at 11:30 AM.

I think any changes in the lineup begin with the much-discussed in-house movement.
    I'll disagree with you there. I suspect with the cost associated with an in-house movement, that even if it does make it into watches this year, which I'm doubtful of, it will only appear in a top end limited edition model. It will inevitably find its way into the other models eventually but over a few years. it will have to from a cost effective point of view.

p.s. I think your watch is great.