Thread: Back into the Bremont Fold!

Back into the Bremont Fold!

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Well after being away for a few years I have ventured back due to two things.

Firstly, I purchased for my Father one of the Airborne Forces Military Supermarines #53. The quality is outstanding and reminded me what I liked about Bremont (and not my last experience with their customer service which still hurts!).

Secondly, I had always loved this watch but found it to be too expensive to justify and the controversy did not help with the value proposition at the time. However, you canít deny itís beautiful design, amazing link to aviation history and the quality movement even if it isnít actually Ďin-houseí.

Doubt Iíll ever be a fan boy again but I can still appreciate their work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paw3001; 12-26-2019 at 10:23 AM.

No need to be a fanboy to be here. I hope the present went down well, as I expect it did. Welcome back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paw3001 View Post
    Secondly, I had also loved this watch but found it to be too expensive to justify and the controversy did not help with the value proposition at the time. However, you can’t deny it’s beautiful design, amazing link to aviation history and the quality movement even if it isn’t actually ‘in-house’.
    Merry Christmas to you too!

The Wright Flyer is indeed a beautiful watch although I must admit to having a preference for the rose gold version despite it's incredibly hefty price tag. However, the stainless steel version is also a classicly beautiful watch. The controversy was never something I had a problem with although I wasn't a Bremont fan at the time of the launch, I only heard about it later. I suppose for watch afficionados it will have been a very large faux pas but for the rest of us more down to earth watch fans, it was simply an error of judgement that can be easily moved on from. Either way, congratulations on your watch, it looks absolutely superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    No need to be a fanboy to be here. I hope the present went down well, as I expect it did. Welcome back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Exactly what Andy says - welcome back, and enjoy your Wright Flyer for what it is!

Merry Christmas,
    J.

That is a pretty good 'starter' watch to 'ease back into' the brand with.

Welcome back to the club! Phenomenal piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer