Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 1947 collection

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    I wasn't going to comment on anything Bremont.
    Ok, I’ll bite. Why?

Wow, I'm sure people won't want to miss out on the signed print by Nick and Giles of the 47 watches offered for a limited period only.
    Why put a moon phase on the face of a beautifully painted watch by a Rolling Stone, what's the world coming to, next thing they will be telling us free broadband is on the way.

I've managed to see some of these watches in person and they look a lot better than they do in the pictures online. There are a few that to me even look desirable but there are also several that I think look quite bland. It does end up being all about your opinion of Ronnie Woods art. My opinion hasn't changed on that. I think they look nice but are far too expensive. Put one side by side with Bremonts other new limited edition watch, the Hercules and the 1947 is found wanting. They've managed to sell approx half of them so far (I believe) so there's a demand, probably a limited one.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    They've managed to sell approx half of them so far (I believe) so there's a demand, probably a limited one.
    That’s pretty good going given the launch wasn’t all that long ago - I’m actually fairly surprised.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised at the take up as well but if you take away the Bremont fan base, you have a precious metal watch with Ronnie Wood artwork so affluent Ronnie Wood fans will be attracted to it and you can add to those buyers, the ones who will speculate and hope the watches turn a nice profit. I had a chat with a gentleman considering purchasing one who had never owned a Bremont and his only concern was whether the value of the watch would increase or decrease significantly after he had purchased it. The actual appearance of the watch didn't enter into the conversation. What I also suspect is that the pieces that are sold are the most attractive ones. I would say there is approximately a 40/30/30 split in the designs. 40 percent look to be attractive designs, 30 percent are ok if you like that kind of thing and 30 percent are fairly poor and not too desirable. I suspect that the 40 percent have been sold and those who are still interested are slowly breaking into the middle 30 percent.

What I have found interesting after the launch of these watches is how few people actually know who Ronnie Wood is. To a certain generation he's very well known but to the younger generation almost an unknown. So unlike historical limited editions which will always be a part of museum history, I think these watches may well end up being a fading light in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

What I have found interesting after the launch of these watches is how few people actually know who Ronnie Wood is. To a certain generation he's very well known but to the younger generation almost an unknown. So unlike historical limited editions which will always be a part of museum history, I think these watches may well end up being a fading light in years to come.
    That’s a fair point that I actually hadn’t thought about.

Then again, how many of the younger generation have £40k to spend on a watch...? Maybe it doesn’t actually matter that they don’t know who he is, as they’re not the target market anyway?

J.

Not a fan. Only reason I think Bremont has the Ronnie Wood 1947 collection is because Nick and Giles are big fans, so it is kind of like their “hobby”. I rather them focus on military/aviation/outdoor and improve their quality control... I think they will still get lots of fanbase.

I am looking forward to see what limited edition they going to produce after Nims completed the 14/7.
    @mr.airwristi

Current collection:
    Bremont MBII Military and Special Projects (Titanium Barrel)
    Bremont MBIII Military and Special Projects DLC (Jet Barrel)
    Bremont RAAF Medical Branch
    Rolex Explorer 2 16570
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Chrono-Time 9121/0S

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Then again, how many of the younger generation have £40k to spend on a watch...? Maybe it doesn’t actually matter that they don’t know who he is, as they’re not the target market anyway? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And who from the “younger generation” would rather spend £40k on an LE Bremont over a PP or PM Rolex?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Then again, how many of the younger generation have £40k to spend on a watch...? Maybe it doesn’t actually matter that they don’t know who he is, as they’re not the target market anyway?
    My reference was more toward the residual/pre-owned value of the watches. I'm certain that the purchasers of the watches when new will be the older generations. However, should they choose to sell in years to come, may be the value of the watches won't hold very well as the younger generations will have little interest - not knowing (or caring) who Ronnie Wood is.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    And who from the “younger generation” would rather spend £40k on an LE Bremont over a PP or PM Rolex?
    I'm some where in the middle age wise but I'd rather spend the equivalent money on a Bremont rather than a Rolex or PP. I'm sure the latter watches will hold their value better due to the branding but they both have limited appeal to the younger watch connoisseurs.