Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 1947 collection

The 1947 collection

The Ronnie Wood 1947 collection has just been released on Bremonts website

https://www.bremont.com/collections/...od-1947-public

thoughts?

The base model, the 10th Anniversary triple calendar, is a gorgeous watch. An absolute stunner. As to these versions, Iím not so sure at all. You need to be a Bremont and Stones fanatic to want one, plus have £40k laying around. I grant that each is unique, with each model having a different face. However, I donít think they are in keeping with the Bremont aviation, military, outdoor bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    The base model, the 10th Anniversary triple calendar, is a gorgeous watch. An absolute stunner. As to these versions, I’m not so sure at all. You need to be a Bremont and Stones fanatic to want one, plus have £40k laying around. I grant that each is unique, with each model having a different face. However, I don’t think they are in keeping with the Bremont aviation, military, outdoor bent.

Okay...I will say it. They kinda look like Swatches.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    The Ronnie Wood 1947 collection has just been released on Bremonts website

https://www.bremont.com/collections/...od-1947-public

thoughts?
    And yours? Is Ronnie Woods that much of an icon that some will drop £40k on a watch that reflects his hand? I can see the cultural links for Bremont, being a UK brand ambassador, but think itís a real stretch.

I think the watches reflect poorly on Bremont.

The 1947 collection

For the price point... not a fan at all.

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

My thought is, for that price I can't afford to have any thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    And yours?
    Too expensive. I’m probably alone in that I’m not a fan of the 10th anniversary that it’s based on but if you do like that watch, it was around £21k and included a second watch for that price. So in effect you’re paying the best part of £20k for a miniature piece of art by Ronnie Wood. If it had been the same price as the 10th anniversary I could see an argument for it but on paper, not too impressed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    ...it was around £21k and included a second watch for that price. So in effect youíre paying the best part of £20k for a miniature piece of art by Ronnie Wood. If it had been the same price as the 10th anniversary I could see an argument for it but on paper, not too impressed so far.
    I think youíve hit the nail on the head here.

These watches will no doubt be a slow burn for Bremont, they arenít going to fly off of the shelves. As several people say above, youíll need to have £40k, be a fan of Bremont AND Ronnie to even be tempted.

I can see, though, that they may well fly when he passes away - their uniqueness could well pay dividends then. I have a feeling that 47 unique dials may be too many though: maybe 10 sets of 2 unique dialled watches (like the 10th) wouldíve been better?

If youíll pardon the pun, time will tell.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I can see, though, that they may well fly when he passes away - their uniqueness could well pay dividends then.
    That could well be the case and sadly it means that it’s going to be more of a speculators watch than a Bremont ‘beyond endurance’ watch.
    I’ve been following comments on other watch forums and it’s not done the Bremont brand any favours. I think it’s also a bad time to launch it. The Hercules should have been the talk about watch until the end of the year and there’s almost all positive feedback for that. Instead, the talk will be about the ‘Swatch’ appearance and (in some people’s minds) ridiculous cost of the 1947. For perspective, you could buy a rose gold Hercules AND a preowned stainless Codebreaker for less, quite a bit less.

Wildrover
    I wasn't going to comment on anything Bremont.

I still plan to buy a Hercules and still love the standard LE's. But this reveal is beyond belief. The artwork is not to my taste, and the pricing structure insults us all and demonstrates utter "greed" on someones behalf. I first thought that someone has done a Corbyn and added a "0".

Price them properly and then maybe they will be bought by Bremont fans.

More of this silliness and they will drive us away.

NB: Currently helping a good friend to do an RAF FE watch and you wonder why?
    Last edited by Wildrover; 11-15-2019 at 11:57 AM.