Thread: S300 / S301 Weight?

S300 / S301 Weight?

I have an old issue with a small fracture of my left wrist which affects how heavy a watch can be before it starts to make my wrist ache. The fracture was in an awkward position which never unite healed properly but itís completely comfortable unless I stick a heavier watch on it

Some manufacturers and reviewers always show the weights of their watches but I canít find the weight of an S300 / 301 anywhere. The 40mm / 13mm sizing is just about perfect for me and itís my favourite of the smaller case Bremont designs but Iím slightly worried about weight.

My ideal range is anywhere between 75-90g for the watch without strap. I can just about go to 100g but much more than that and I just know itíll ache after an hour or so of wear.

I just wondered if anyone here knew how much theirs weighed?

S300 / S301 Weight?

Hi molan, welcome to the forum!

Itís a rainy afternoon in the U.K, so I got the scales out for you (as youíre quite correct, no Ďofficialí weight is published) - and the answer for my Alt1tude SE301, on a Temple Island strap with pin buckle, was 110g.

Now, I canít speak for how much the Temple Island weights, but I would imagine the watch head only would comfortably come in well below 100g.

I hope this helps.
    J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-26-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Hi molan, welcome to the forum!

Itís a rainy afternoon in the U.K, so I got the scales out for you (as youíre quite correct, no Ďofficialí weight is published) - and the answer for my Alt1tude SE301, on a Temple Island strap with pin buckle, was 110g.

Now, I canít speak for how much the Temple Island weights, but I would imagine the watch head only would comfortably come in well below 100g.

I hope this helps.
    J.

Brilliant, thanks so much!

Average strap kicks around 25-30g so that would make the head something like 80g

I live roughly 4 mins drive from the new Bremont HQ and really think I ought to own one!

Quote Originally Posted by molan View Post
    I live roughly 4 mins drive from the new Bremont HQ and really think I ought to own one!
    If youíre interested, there are one or two of the 30 forum LE remaining - check out the thread here or PM me for more information.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by molan View Post
    Average strap kicks around 25-30g so that would make the head something like 80g
    Confirmed. I took the (nato) strap off my SE301 and weighed it at exactly 80g.