Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H-4 Hercules / Spruce Goose - Bremont 2019 LE

H-4 Hercules / Spruce Goose - Bremont 2019 LE

Hey Everyone,

Bremont have officially announced their 2019 Historical LE watch, the H-4 Hercules, commonly known as the "Spruce Goose".
    I'd first like to congratulate all of you Alt1tude sleuths who put together the clues that Bremont offered on social media this year, and correctly guessed that the watch would be a tribute to the iconic Howard Hughes aircraft. Well done all!

Lets talk about the new Bremont H-4. The first thing that many of you will notice is the movement. This watch is powered by the BWC/02, which is an adaptation of the proprietary BWC/01 calibre built by Bremonts movement partner, La Joux Perret. You may recall that the BWC/01 was first featured in the Wright Flyer watch from 2014. The BWC/02 adds a GMT complication as well as a slate grey finish due to a Galvanized NAC (Nickel Anthracite Coating) that give the movement a handsome rustic aesthetic.

The small seconds function at 9 o'clock is non-hacking and a full wind will get you approximately 50 hours of power reserve.

The H-4 rotor is signed with the name "Spruce Goose", and a propellor made of four separate pieces of birch collected from the fuselage of the H-4 Hercules during restoration. Interestingly, "Spruce Goose" is a misnomer, as the plane was actually made entirely of birch wood! Who knew?

One of my favorite features of the H-4 is the two-tone GMT inner bezel. From my recollection, this is the first time Bremont have used this design element on if their watches. Looks very sharp! The applied Arabic numerals help to add depth and texture to the dial.

The H-4 comes in 3 different case materials" Stainless Steel, Rose Gold, and for the first time, Platinum. Each watch will use the traditional 43mm case size with 22mm lug width used in the majority of Bremont watches. Case height is measured at 14.4mm. There appears to be two dials, which will be black for the SS version, and sunburst anthracite on the precious metal variants.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the date wheel is uniquely textured with a brushed silver finish that is meant to match the silver surface of the aircraft.

Prices for the H-4 will be as follows:

SS- £9495/$11895 - 300 total pieces
    RG- £17995/$22495 - 75 total pieces
    Platinum- £24995/$30995 - 75 total pieces

Watches are expected to ship by years end.

As Bremont typically like to do, proceeds from Sales of this watch will go to the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum located in Oregon. This is the site where the age for Hercules is currently stored and funds will go towards maintaining this very special aircraft.

What do you think of the H-4? Leave your thoughts below and let us know!
    Last edited by jwalker9; 10-09-2019 at 07:21 PM.

A great evening, lovely watch, and great to meet so many forumites.

Will post some more pictures tomorrow, but hereís one for now...

From what I hear itís been a great seller this evening. Is anyone here thinking of buying one?

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Didn’t get chance to catch up with anyone this evening, next time maybe.

Beautiful watch. I think Bremont produced something really quite special here, which will appeal to many. Although, I do wonder if they will sell the 75 platinum models. That's a hefty price.

I see echoes of the Wright Flyer and Codebreaker in the H-4: both exceptional LE pieces, although the Codebreaker remains for me the definitive Bremont LE. No, I don't have one. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Beautiful watch. I think Bremont produced something really quite special here, which will appeal to many. Although, I do wonder if they will sell the 75 platinum models. That's a hefty price.
    From what I heard last night, the precious metal versions were selling very well - I wouldnít be surprised if they manage to sell them all.

There seems to be a real Ďbuzzí around this watch - something Iíve not seen in quite a few years - and itís great to see!

J.

Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-10-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Great to meet a few fellow Ďforum lurkersí last night - youíre all real gents - good fun!

The watch is utterly stunning in my view. The design is pretty much perfect to me. However, personally Iím struggling to connect to the subject matter on this one. I have no doubt it will sell well and I sincerely hope it does but itís not one Iíll be going for (at great relief to the bank balance ). I think our friends in the US will lap this one up quick though!!!

Iím sure there will be plenty more in the future and Iím still holding out for that elusive fully in-house movement

Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
    Great to meet a few fellow Ďforum lurkersí last night - youíre all real gents - good fun!
    An absolute pleasure to meet you, Dan.

Hereís a few of my pictures from the evening..

J.

The new LE hasn’t lit the the forum up with great enthusiasm this time.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the seconds sub dial shaving about a third off the 8 and the 10 ?

Possibly a stunned silence?

The platinum version is right up there with the best looking Bremonts I've seen. It's far better in person than it appears in the photos and it still looks great in the photos.

As far as the sub dial shaving parts of the 8 and 10, I think it's a neat design feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    The new LE hasnít lit the the forum up with great enthusiasm this time.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the seconds sub dial shaving about a third off the 8 and the 10 ?
    I like the sub dial. It looks great. I also think that, from the photos, the platinum version looks the best.