Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MB II movement

Quote Originally Posted by Brad605 View Post
    That is not a good side by side. The lighting and scale is off. The second hand is different. But that doesn't mean anything because mine on the right has all red tip. If you Google MBII they all have red only second hand. I don't see any glaring differences.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Mine has the French days of the week too.

MB II movement

I have to call a little BS on you. Why wouldn't expose the tells. Who give a shit!!! I have looked at every model of this watch and every marks matches and I took a nail and tried to scratch inside the lug area to check hardness and it did not scratch and I pressed hard. Same with the crystal.

But why would we expose the tells, Brad? That would only help the people who are faking these get better, and that’s certainly not that we want, as they appear to be darn good already.

Like I mentioned earlier, this is probably one of the only places where the people are knowledgeable enough to be able to tell you your watch is fake straight off - and we have done just that.

Mine has the French days of the week too.

English/French days of the week are reasonably standard on a lot of watches these days - you can find it fairly easily on watches in a lot of jewellers for under £100. It is certainly *not* an indicator of authenticity, in this case.

Where did you get the watch? It’s a worryingly accurate fake at first glance, if there is ever such a thing, there’s no doubt about it.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 06-25-2019 at 06:50 AM.

That is not a good side by side. The lighting and scale is off. The second hand is different. But that doesn't mean anything because mine on the right has all red tip. If you Google MBII they all have red only second hand. I don't see any glaring differences.

The photo from Chrono24 is plenty crisp and detailed. It’s your photo that isn’t. If you want a better side by side then take a photo dead on and not at an angle. And it’s not going to be a glaring difference in this case so you have to look at every single little detail.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post

Brad, despite your own impressions, and what you see and think about your watch, one of the brothers at Bremont has come out publicly and announced that unfortunately, this piece is indeed a fake and as has been seen with previous fake S500's, even the complete packaging was copied, right down to the strap changing tools and warranty cards.
    Nobody here is arguing how good it is, it's worryingly good, BUT there are a few very very minor differences. And if I may, I'll also add, that no matter how much you cajole or try to coerce people into highlighting the differences to you, as J has already alluded to, nobody here will give you a list of theses differences so that the people making these can go and improve them and make them even more difficult to spot. Surely that's obvious and makes complete sense?
    It is an extremely unfortunate situation that you find yourself in if you have purchased this thinking it to be genuine, and you do indeed have my sympathy. But coming onto a Bremont forum for advice where the knowledge base is likely only bettered by Bremont itself, and calling people out on their knowledge or suggesting what they suggest is BS isn't likely going to extend that sympathy in your direction by many other members for very long.
    So I again offer my sympathies for this situation you find yourself in and sincerely hope that you have some comeback with the seller now that you have official confirmation from the man at the top that it's not genuine and that you can conclude this issue to your satisfaction with a complete refund.
    Last edited by chipbutty55; 06-25-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Send it in to Bremont to verify its authenticity and that will be all the proof that is needed.
    IF it is a fake then you will have full written evidence to get a refund for your purchase.
    Good luck.
    But don't take it out on J as he is trying to help you, that's all. And NOBODY wants to help the fakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Send it in to Bremont to verify its authenticity and that will be all the proof that is needed.
    IF it is a fake then you will have full written evidence to get a refund for your purchase.
    Good luck.
    But don't take it out on J as he is trying to help you, that's all. And NOBODY wants to help the fakers.
    David, see my post a few posts above from Giles - he and Bremont have confirmed, publicly, that the watch is a fake. There should be nothing else left to be said.

J.

I get it. But not telling you so called tells is obviously a mute point. Anyone that is making replicas have everything they need to make nearly exact copies. There only limitations are there own machinery. Also there are 100s of YouTube videos of other brands detailing the differences. I think you just don't see any exterior difference. The movement I get Is not correct but specifically on the outside?? The case is 100%

Brad,

This will be my final post on the matter, on this thread. You have summed up the situation well in your last post.

Anyone that is making replicas have everything they need to make nearly exact copies.
    ‘Nearly exact’ - and that’s exactly what we’ve said, on numerous occasions here, that your MBII is.

You have come to, arguably, the best place on the internet for Bremont to get advice on your watch, some of the most knowledgable Bremont collectors and experts in the World are found lurking here, of that there is no doubt.

If you want to know the tells - and do trust me when I say there are quite a few - there are other places on the internet that I’m sure will tell you. That is if they can tell themselves.

However, you are *not* getting them from this forum.

Like David said above, I know you are in contact with HQ - send them the watch so you can get closure on the matter from the horses mouth, as it were.

Best,

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Brad,

This will be my final post on the matter, on this thread. You have summed up the situation well in your last post.

‘Nearly exact’ - and that’s exactly what we’ve said, on numerous occasions here, that your MBII is.

You have come to, arguably, the best place on the internet for Bremont to get advice on your watch, some of the most knowledgable Bremont collectors and experts in the World are found lurking here, of that there is no doubt.

If you want to know the tells - and do trust me when I say there are quite a few - there are other places on the internet that I’m sure will tell you. That is if they can tell themselves.

However, you are *not* getting them from this forum.

Like David said above, I know you are in contact with HQ - send them the watch so you can get closure on the matter from the horses mouth, as it were.

Best,

J.

Thank you, I never meant to be or sound argumentative. Just frustrated as you could imagine.
    Thanks again for your insight.
    Cheers, BT

If you paid with PayPal or through Chrono24 you should have no issue getting your money back. If it’s the $2000 one from Hong Kong on C24 you bought that seller apparently has another one up. Brand new with some but not all the papers is always a thing with fake Rolexes. The Jaguar Bremonts I mentioned yesterday are also coming out of Hong Kong and those listings are only the ones I can see now. That seller has been doing it for months. I thought because of flaky buyers on eBay but given this thread and the S500 thread I’m beginning to suspect otherwise. It’s not that hard to get a good deal on an MBII or just about any Bremont for that matter if you’re on eBay or Watchrecon. Given this crap, I’d look for one from a US seller with papers indicating a sale at US retailer. I bought a U2/T for $1750 in the last year on eBay so unless you paid $1k the deal you got wasn’t that exceptional. Regular MBIIs go for $2250-2500 frequently.