Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MB II movement

Hi everyone, just a quick update: Giles has announced this morning, publicly, that the watch involved in this thread is indeed, as suspected, a fake.

Be careful out there everyone: buy from trusted sources, and do your research. This MBII, just like the S500’s before it, could easily pass at a glance or under scrutiny from someone less knowledgable about the brand than those found here.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what’s going on with these Jaguars coming out of Hong Kong also? Seems this seller is relisting again and again. If anyone here has one, can you have a watchmaker open it up and upload some photos?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DDADD979-8CF7-4C24-BC6C-DFC58C45F007.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	4436  

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewspeed View Post
    Does anyone know what’s going on with these Jaguars coming out of Hong Kong also? Seems this seller is relisting again and again. If anyone here has one, can you have a watchmaker open it up and upload some photos?
    I still have not seen any MB replicas online.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brad, whoever is making the MBII fakes is likely not selling them online to draw any attention, but rather slipping these into circulation to buyers who think they’re getting the “real thing” at a “great deal” price.
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Would love to hear more about how/where/when you got yours, and what gave you the idea to take off the back yourself and photograph the movement? If you had not done that, it would have been harder to identify as a fake. If you’ve bought other high end watches from the same source, you should certainly investigate further!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Brad, whoever is making the MBII fakes is likely not selling them online to draw any attention, but rather slipping these into circulation to buyers who think they’re getting the “real thing” at a “great deal” price.
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Would love to hear more about how/where/when you got yours, and what gave you the idea to take off the back yourself and photograph the movement? If you had not done that, it would have been harder to identify as a fake. If you’ve bought other high end watches from the same source, you should certainly investigate further!
    I have a bunch of better photos I would love to share. The movement is an ETA Swiss. For what it's worth The watch other then the movement is so darn perfect. I even received the strap tool, hard outer box, leather watch pouch and soft outer bag.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kl6l3d7bx...xcEhPxGEa?dl=0

I don’t want to expose all of the “tells” from your watch, but the dial, rear case, and movement all have issues. Hard to say about the case and crystal, but I suspect it is not hardened and would scratch and dent quite a bit easier than a true Bremont case.
    Yours is a good fake, but unfortunately a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    I don’t want to expose all of the “tells” from your watch, but the dial, rear case, and movement all have issues. Hard to say about the case and crystal, but I suspect it is not hardened and would scratch and dent quite a bit easier than a true Bremont case.
    Yours is a good fake, but unfortunately a fake.
    I have to call a little BS on you. Why wouldn't expose the tells. Who give a shit!!! I have looked at every model of this watch and every marks matches and I took a nail and tried to scratch inside the lug area to check hardness and it did not scratch and I pressed hard. Same with the crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad605 View Post
    I have to call a little BS on you. Why wouldn't expose the tells. Who give a shit!!! I have looked at every model of this watch and every marks matches and I took a nail and tried to scratch inside the lug area to check hardness and it did not scratch and I pressed hard. Same with the crystal.

Also Bremont says the serial number on the watch is an orange barrel MBII. They want me to send it to them so they can look at. They said other then the movement it appears real.

Here Brad, this is how you set up a side by side to see for yourself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B177C554-FF2E-465A-B587-F31762A70BAF.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	4437  

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewspeed View Post
    Here Brad, this is how you set up a side by side to see for yourself
    That is not a good side by side. The lighting and scale is off. The second hand is different. But that doesn't mean anything because mine on the right has all red tip. If you Google MBII they all have red only second hand. I don't see any glaring differences.