Thread: Shipping Overseas

Question Shipping Overseas

Guys I have just signed up to Chrono24 to sell the Omega.

Someone in the States wants to buy it. However, I am reluctant to post.

Who do you use and do they insure? I won't sell overseas if there is any doubt.

Your help would be appreciated.

Jerry
    Own at present: Supersonic LE - Kingsman SS LE - Endurance LE - Wright Flyer SS LE - 1918 WG LE - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Omega Apollo 17.

I know Bremont use Fedex - but asides from that, Iím of little help. I would imagine as shipping is no doubt extra, the buyer will insure.

Maybe someone can assist (Steve, if you see this, can you help?)

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jake. Will call Fedex in the morning. But I don't think they cover high value items.
    Own at present: Supersonic LE - Kingsman SS LE - Endurance LE - Wright Flyer SS LE - 1918 WG LE - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Omega Apollo 17.

Most, if not all of the main courier companies will allow extra insurance for higher value items at a cost. However, I've just had a quick glance at FedEx terms and conditions and for watches there seems to be a limit of £1k per shipment so it would be worthwhile speaking to someone directly before you use them. UPS who I would highly recommend allow extra insurance, I believe at one percent on the declared value. DHL are reasonable enough as well.

One thing worth considering if your purchaser will do it is have them arrange the shipping. That way they have full control over the shipment once it's been collected and it absolves you of any liability once it has been collected. Of course some purchasers may prefer to have no liability for the shipment until it arrives at their door so it's something to be worked out during the deal.

How are your watch sales going and is the new car looming?

Thanks for the advice. I am going to pass the buck and let the buyer organise postage as you suggested - like that. I have posted model cars before, via Ebay and they always seem to get broken>>>

Nope not sold a single watch, I need to get onto it, as I would really like the NOMAD.