Thread: Isle of Man TT watch

Isle of Man TT watch

This one seems to have flown under the radar a little bit.

Isle of Man TT watch
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 05-26-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Isle of Man TT watch

It’s a lovely watch - but I suspect the reason it has gone ‘under the radar’ is simply that it is not a mainstream piece, and likely of limited appeal with the overt branding.

It is an LE (and a very small run - 62 pieces) and only available through Dunwell Jewellers on the island.

It is also worth noting that this watch will form part of a series - Bremont will be producing one new watch to celebrate the TT every year. I suspect that, if you were to buy each watch, you could have quite a unique collectors ‘set’ in years to come.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 05-27-2019 at 11:34 AM.

That's an interesting perspective - of limited appeal due to the overt branding? I do see what you mean but it should have wider appeal than some other Bremont watches. Compare that with the likes of the Waterman, the Terra Nova and Endurance? Over 25,000 visit the island to watch the TT and it has global viewing figures of 30 million plus.

I did wonder whether the watch was somewhat of an afterthought, with Bremont being the TT's official timing partner this year may be Dunwells suggested that they make a watch as a memento.

Regardless, it seems to be a really nice watch. Just struggling to decide between this and a D-Type.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    That's an interesting perspective - of limited appeal due to the overt branding? I do see what you mean but it should have wider appeal than some other Bremont watches. Compare that with the likes of the Waterman, the Terra Nova and Endurance? Over 25,000 visit the island to watch the TT and it has global viewing figures of 30 million plus.
    I am somewhat playing devils advocate to provoke some discussion here, so bare with me.

As a huge fan of motorbike racing, I love the TT - it is like no other motorsport in the world. The riders are truly incredible, and pushing the limits: I wonder if we’ll see a 136 lap this year from Bremont’s newest ambassador, Pete Hickman?

Anyway, back to the discussion. I guess it is personal taste. Even though I am a fan, I would never wear one of the watches with this branding - in much the same way as I wouldn’t wear a watch with Red Bull Air Race branding, or Cirrus Aircraft branding if I didn’t own a Cirrus.

The branding is pretty strong, but I think would work well as a ‘memento’ of a visit to the Island and the TT. Who will pay over £5K for that, though?

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk