Thread: U-2 Squadron question

U-2 Squadron question

Looking at a used U-2 DLC Squadron watch and there is no discernible red shock absorbing material around the movement when viewed through the back of the case. Is it possible that the squadron models were created without this material inside the case or is there something missing? I don't have service records on the watch, nor does the current seller, so I'm trying to decipher if the watch originally came like this or if there are missing components. Thanks in advance for the help!

NTRLOPER, welcome to the forum, it’s great to have you here.

First off, can I say one thing: pictures always help! If you could share some to help explain to those who may not be familiar (or just love pictures!) that’d be ideal.

Secondly, let me solve your confusion. The anti-shock rubber ‘mount’ around the movement is not red, and also cannot be seen through the caseback - aside from one or two of the Boeing series, where you can just see elements of it around the outside of the exhibition back, thanks to the new style larger ‘window.’

Anyway, here’s a picture of what it’ll look like inside your U2.

As you can see, the rubber is hidden away around the movement itself, out of sight of viewed through the caseback. I hope this clears it up for you - and if you do end up buying the watch, do come back and show us, we’d love to see it!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk