Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bremont IAF DEMO team blue

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Let’s not forget, to a lot of these guys and girls, it isn’t a Bremont, nor an MBII, it is ‘just’ a watch.
    which does bring about the question, if that's the case why sell the military watches at a discount at all. Why not sell them at the same price as the equivalent retail watch? If they represented something and the military were keeping them en mass then I wouldn't have an issue with the lower cost as you tend to think the military deserve it but if they're selling them on it simply makes it look like they have no interest in the brand and simply want to make a quick profit, not exactly what I thought Bremont stood for?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    which does bring about the question, if that's the case why sell the military watches at a discount at all. Why not sell them at the same price as the equivalent retail watch? If they represented something and the military were keeping them en mass then I wouldn't have an issue with the lower cost as you tend to think the military deserve it but if they're selling them on it simply makes it look like they have no interest in the brand and simply want to make a quick profit, not exactly what I thought Bremont stood for?
    I think a look at the bigger picture is necessary.

Selling to the military market at a discount allows mass sales, 150+ watches in some cases, equals lots of watches worn by the ‘target’ market. This ultimately means sale of watches Bremont may not have necessarily sold, which is great for the brand being kept alive during periods when maybe mainstream sales aren’t as strong - and also allows for development and R&D of new pieces. Let’s not forget how many ‘core’ watches have started life as military editions.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

certainly one way of looking at it