Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bremont IAF DEMO team blue

Bremont IAF DEMO team blue

Hello All,
    selling my Bremont Military project IAF demo team watch.
    had it from the moment it came out when i was the team CO.
    i retired a few years ago and this beautiful watch just sits in the drawer, i think it can have a better home with someone who can really appreciate it.
    it really is a collectors item.
    i did not keep the case it came in, and i am selling it as seen in the second picture with the vintage GSD strap.
    the watch itself is in perfect condition.
    here is the post on EBAY.

Cheers,
    Ehud

EDIT: see post below for updated info!
    Last edited by ehudmets; 04-14-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Bremont IAF DEMO team blue

Hi Ehud,

Welcome to the forum! The IAFDT watch is a beauty, and much admired among Bremont collectors, as Iím sure youíre aware.

The link youíve provided doesnít re-direct. If youíve got pictures and an idea of price, could you please post them as per the forum rules?

Thanks,
    J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ehudmets View Post
    Hello All,
    selling my Bremont Military project IAF demo team watch.
    had it from the moment it came out when i was the team CO.
    i retired a few years ago and this beautiful watch just sits in the drawer, i think it can have a better home with someone who can really appreciate it.
    it really is a collectors item.
    i did not keep the case it came in, and i am selling it as seen in the second picture with the vintage GSD strap.
    the watch itself is in perfect condition.
    here is the post on EBAY.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/312566525560?ul_noapp=true

Cheers,
    Ehud
    Definitely interested if you can provide correct link or pics and price here. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Hi All,
    Sorry about the Link, Ebay took it down because the asking price was more then a new Ebay costumer can request...
    here are the pics, i am selling it with the Vintage GSD strap in the pics. i did not keep/ can not find the original box and blue strap it came with
    it is in perfect condition, i never took it flying.. it has my last name engraved on the back so i do request if you buy it and post pics- do not post the engraving of my name (IAF procedure not to give out pilots full names)
    Since Ebay is not an option we will have to find a secure way to transfer the watch/payment... but i think there are ways to do that..
    most of the time im between NYC and Tel Aviv so the shipment/pickup will be from there.
    will sell to the highest offer, my start price is 7000$. not really going to work this auction full time.. whoever sends me in the next few days the best offer and a do-able plan to exchange the watch/money- wins
    Ehud

EDIT: after a few questions and comments here is some more info- i am not a collector or watch enthusiast, you are buying the watch from the former Commander of the IAF demo team.
    I did use this watch when i was in the Air force every day. i didn't take it flying (i dont like flying with anything on my hands), but it was used regularly so i guess in the eyes of collectors it may not be in perfect condition- it is in very good condition. i added a close up of the Dial so the little imperfections can be seen, wouldn't want anybody to not get exactly what they expected.
    due to this i bumped down the MIN price to 7000$...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	4392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	4393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	4394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	br.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	4395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b5.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	4396  

Last edited by ehudmets; 04-14-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Hi Ehud,

Iím one of the few people who actively collect Bremont military and special projects watches. I own four of them and the prices I have paid have been slightly higher or in line with what used Bremont watches go for generally, which is usually about 1/3 of retail. An MB2 used goes in the $1750 to $2500 range. You can get a little bit more, in other words closer to the wholesale price that Bremont charges for these, but more than full blown retail is fairly unrealistic. Not having the box and papers also hurts the value. I recently paid a thousand dollars extra for documentation to go with one of these watches including patches, t-shirts, photos and a letter from the original owner. The Red Rippers USAF chrono that was listed here a while ago sold for $3500. Thatís a pretty good indication of value overall and thatís a chrono not an MB2.

Reviewspeed

Hi Reviewspeed,
    Thank you for taking the time for this post! much appreciated.
    i thought i had a rarity but i guess not..
    well then the good part is i will just keep it. all this watch talk got me to start using it again.

cheers.
    Ehud

Quote Originally Posted by ehudmets View Post
    Hi Reviewspeed,
    Thank you for taking the time for this post! much appreciated.
    i thought i had a rarity but i guess not..
    well then the good part is i will just keep it. all this watch talk got me to start using it again.

cheers.
    Ehud
    Hi Ehud,

Itís a very nice watch and itís rare but in order for it to be worth a lot there have to be buyers who are willing to pay a premium for them. At the moment there arenít that many, but if you wait a few years the market may improve. Bremont in general suffers from the ď60% loss in value when you walk out of the ADĒ syndrome but thatís true for many many brands. If you can afford to wait then Iíd just hang on to it if I were you. Finding the box and papers would also help the value as I mentioned. Bremont can replace some of it if you contact them, but some things cannot be replaced apparently (based on my discussion with them recently).

Reviewspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewspeed View Post
    Hi Ehud,

Itís a very nice watch and itís rare but in order for it to be worth a lot there have to be buyers who are willing to pay a premium for them. At the moment there arenít that many, but if you wait a few years the market may improve. Bremont in general suffers from the ď60% loss in value when you walk out of the ADĒ syndrome but thatís true for many many brands. If you can afford to wait then Iíd just hang on to it if I were you. Finding the box and papers would also help the value as I mentioned. Bremont can replace some of it if you contact them, but some things cannot be replaced apparently (based on my discussion with them recently).

Reviewspeed
    Hi Reviewspeed,

I believe youíre partly correct.

This particular watch is right up there with the best, and most in demand, MB/U2 based models out there, and one that has certainly gone down in the annals of Bremont history.

Past prices (from say 4-6 years) ago have ranged between Ä3-5000, approximately, and they did not hang around. I do believe whilst the valuation may be a little high, itís certainly not out of the question.

As you rightly say, however, box and papers would be a big plus, and not having them could ultimately hurt the value - but by how much in this case is anybodies guess.

Best of luck with the sale, Ehud.

J.

I absolutely love this watch (a Bremont grail for sure) but the price is a bit too high for me. I donít disagree with wanting as much as possible as we all do but the re-sale values are much lower these days for all Bremonts.

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    This particular watch is right up there with the best, and most in demand, MB/U2 based models out there, and one that has certainly gone down in the annals of Bremont history.
    Being a relative newcomer to his forum and Bremont, can someone explain to me what is so great about this watch? It's a nice looking watch for sure but doesn't appeal to me any more than a typical MB so I assume the value of this watch is in its historical/military relevance?