Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Bargain Bremont

WTB: Bargain Bremont

My son turned 18 today and we bought him a Tudor dive watch. I'm now feeling jealous and want a nice watch of my own as I've been sporting a £30 Citizen off eBay for 10 years. I think it will have to be a Bremont but funds are low thanks to my son. £2000 is an absolute max, and considerably less would be good. What is out there?

Ian, welcome to the forum.

As far as a £2000 budget goes with pre-loved Bremont, you’re looking at a Solo (or Airco) - there are a few on WatchFinder for around the £2100-2200 mark.

However, if you keep an eye on the forum regularly, some good bargains do come up.

J.

Thanks RBG. I've my fingers crossed for an older supermarine but I'll keep an eye on the forum and I'm open to suggestions. I was in the Mayfair branch yesterday and there wasn't a watch in the room I didn't like.
    Last edited by ianmarsh; 04-10-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Hi Ian

If you want a lot of bang for your buck look at a Sinn ezm3 or Sinn 836 or if you want to spend a bit less and want to see the movement, a Sinn 104, Sinn 556.

Sinn offer a lot of bang for your buck if your just getting into watches. I've had a couple of solos (cream lume was great), there really nice but you are going to get more watch for your money with a Sinn. Id recommend you get a 556 or 104 on a bracelet. They have sapphire crystal with anti reflective both sides and a lovely display back with decorated movement. Though they aren't chronometer certified they are accurate enough to fit chronometer certification. If you look online (iguannasell) you can get a 104 or 556 for around £1000. There also built like tanks and really cheap to service.

You could also go for something like a tudor heritage ranger or heritage black bay (there really nice and you would have the same brand as your lad).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Bremont fan, I've had 13 in the last 2 years and there are 4 sat in my safe but if I was going to just have one watch and not want to replace it I would get the Tudor or one of the sinns. Bremont customer service team are lovely people and super helpful plus services costs aren't to bad but of 13 of my Bremonts, 5 have had to go back at some point to get warranty repaired (2 loose barrels, 1 dust under crystal, 1 rotor issue and 1 faulty rear crystal that just split in half).

Best
    Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the infor and for taking the time to give advice. It is much appreciated. I had briefly looked at Sinn but they hadn't grabbed my attention. I will take another look, especially now I have some model numbers to consider.

I do like the Tudors but two things hold me back. First, I don't want to have the same as my son as I want his to feel special (though he has the bronze Bucherer which I couldn't get near). Second, there are loads of them out there once I start looking, so the basic red ones that I like aren't quite special enough!

Funny what you said about issues with Bremonts. The shop made a big deal of their engineering quality but both my son and I noticed just how loose the bezels felt compared to his Tudor. That might be because his is one day old, but it wasn't inspiring. On the other hand they look the business on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If you want a lot of bang for your buck look at a Sinn ezm3 or Sinn 836 or if you want to spend a bit less and want to see the movement, a Sinn 104, Sinn 556.
    Might be a good functional watch brand but I'm not a fan of the aesthetics. Just a personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmarsh View Post
    My son turned 18 today and we bought him a Tudor dive watch. I'm now feeling jealous and want a nice watch of my own as I've been sporting a £30 Citizen off eBay for 10 years. I think it will have to be a Bremont but funds are low thanks to my son. £2000 is an absolute max, and considerably less would be good. What is out there?
    Some dealers have Bremont watch sales from time to time, not the full range but occasional watches. I think it might be frowned upon by Bremont but it happens. A shop not too far from me had a new Airco Mach 2 for sale at £2k not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Some dealers have Bremont watch sales from time to time, not the full range but occasional watches. I think it might be frowned upon by Bremont but it happens. A shop not too far from me had a new Airco Mach 2 for sale at £2k not too long ago.
    I think I will be looking for something well-used as I would like something a little fancier.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmarsh View Post
    Thanks RBG. I've my fingers crossed for an older supermarine but I'll keep an eye on the forum and I'm open to suggestions. I was in the Mayfair branch yesterday and there wasn't a watch in the room I didn't like.
    If you’re talking something along the lines of an S500, you can find them for around the £2.5k mark fairly widely, if you know where to look.

My suggestion would be to wait until you can afford what you want, rather than settling for something you’re not 100% on, only to flip it later.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now sorted. I managed to pick up an Alt-1 B at a good price.