Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: WTB: Bargain Bremont

  1. #11
    For info, there's a mint (as far as I can tell) Airco for sale on the Timefactors website at the moment for 1800.

    Nowt to do with me, but might be of interest

  2. #12
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmarsh View Post
    Now sorted. I managed to pick up an Alt-1 B at a good price.
    Do share some pictures when you get a chance, wed love to see it.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Do share some pictures when you get a chance, wed love to see it.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that go. That was a real bargain the seller lost big time. Originally from America?

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I saw that go. That was a real bargain the seller lost big time. Originally from America?

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    I know no details. Interesting to see general market prices appearing to go down (or rather, sellers accepting less than maybe they did 6/12 months ago for the same watch.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    J.
    I think you’re right Jake, lots of new models to choice from, sellers accepting less, and the current affairs in the UK are all factors.
    The last Wright Flyer I saw on a auction site was at 9k, and it finished with no bids. They were definitely selling for more last year.
    Regards John

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestjoh View Post
    The last Wright Flyer I saw on a auction site was at 9k, and it finished with no bids. They were definitely selling for more last year.
    I find that quite astonishing. I always liked the Wright Flyer but it was never on my radar because of the high price. At sub 10k it would be definitely something to think about. I would have thought it quite insulting to make an offer that low but if that's what sellers are willing to accept?

    I have noticed a distinct drop in the market price of pre-owned Bremonts lately. I don't know whether it's a trend across all the brands or just Bremont but I imagine it's a worry for anyone who purchased their watch as an investment.

  7. #17
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I find that quite astonishing. I always liked the Wright Flyer but it was never on my radar because of the high price. At sub 10k it would be definitely something to think about. I would have thought it quite insulting to make an offer that low but if that's what sellers are willing to accept?

    I have noticed a distinct drop in the market price of pre-owned Bremonts lately. I don't know whether it's a trend across all the brands or just Bremont but I imagine it's a worry for anyone who purchased their watch as an investment.
    A Wright Flyer for sub-10k is a good pick up, Im sure there are plenty of people who would jump at one at that price.

    You raise an interesting point about investment value. I was once told by a wise man never to see a watch as an investment: to buy what you like, and like what you buy. Up until now, however, LE Bremont (Im talking P51, EP120, Victory etc..) seem to still be a solid investment. Even though the values appear to be dropping slightly compared to several years ago, the investment value still seems to be there, IMO.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    To be fair it's not only Bremont that has it's pre owned values drop.
    I think the boom on a few luxury has popped for now at least.

    Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    A Wright Flyer for sub-10k is a good pick up, I’m sure there are plenty of people who would jump at one at that price.

    You raise an interesting point about investment value. I was once told by a wise man never to see a watch as an investment: to buy what you like, and like what you buy. Up until now, however, LE Bremont (I’m talking P51, EP120, Victory etc..) seem to still be a solid investment. Even though the values appear to be dropping slightly compared to several years ago, the investment value still seems to be there, IMO.
    Re: a sub 10k Wright Flyer - Prestjoh above who I quoted said that he'd seen one for 9k on an auction site and it finished with no bids so I guess that there aren't many people who would jump at one at that price unless of course it simply went unnoticed? Most I see at 13k plus but as we can tell from the one for sale on this forum, there aren't a lot of takers.

    I agree with you about buying a watch because you like it and not because of the investment but that does bring about some curiosities (in my view) within the Bremont collection. The Wright Flyer being the obvious first reference. The stainless steel version of that watch is double the cost new of the stainless DH88 yet in my view the DH88 is the nicer watch. You could argue that the Wright Flyer uses Bremonts proprietary movement but so does the Jaguar Mk1 at half the price and the AC35 which was slightly cheaper and rose gold. So you have to factor in that the extra cost of the watch is the wing material embedded in the rotor. That's more or less 9k for a piece of cloth from the Flyer. Not an issue if you really like the watch but a significant extra investment as well. Then take the Victory. A stunning watch in my opinion but apparently very deep and so not very easy to wear. So do you buy that because you like the watch or because you want an investment? I'd probably say that it was more an investment piece yet there is one for sale on this forum that's been for sale for around two years I think so possibly not as sought after as you might imagine? Must say that I'm tempted but having not seen one up close the worry is that it's too tall to wear and that's what a watch is all about - I think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites