Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Townhouse 2019 Releases

Interesting... The image on the site seems off too. The marking on the case back for the Argonaut is 10ATM which we know is not correct as the dial clearly mark it as 30ATM or 300M.

Quote Originally Posted by mapledraco View Post
    Interesting... The image on the site seems off too. The marking on the case back for the Argonaut is 10ATM which we know is not correct as the dial clearly mark it as 30ATM or 300M.
    They are all really dodgy renders. As some one who produces a lot of renders, they are really poor and lazy ( lots of bevel and emboss). You will also notice that all the case backs actually show a classic 3 piece bremont case with the new case just plopped on..

Quote Originally Posted by mapledraco View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for your help. Now the decision on which one to get this year. The Arrow or the MB3 or Both
    use the pragmatic approach that I have. The MBIII 10th Anniversary is a limited edition and is quite popular so get that one first. The Arrow is a standard model and will be around for some time to come so get that second.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    use the pragmatic approach that I have. The MBIII 10th Anniversary is a limited edition and is quite popular so get that one first. The Arrow is a standard model and will be around for some time to come so get that second.
    Not a bad approach - although I feel as it is quite a large run of watches, you may be able to pick one up for a while to come!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Not a bad approach - although I feel as it is quite a large run of watches, you may be able to pick one up for a while to come!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, although I had heard the number of initial deposits for the MBIII 10th was quite high, possibly due to it being the same price as the standard watch?

I have seen the Townhouse releases for the first time this morning courtesy of a visit from the lovely Kate to Nantwich.
    I was quite impressed with the Armed Forces Collection models that I saw - she didn't have a sample of the Argonaut unfortunately but the Broadsword and Arrow were good and the new 2-part case retains the Bremont DNA as far as the styling and finish is concerned. The lines engraved into the case sides again retain the look of the Trip-Tick case rings more than adequately. The simpler case construction must help cost-wise in manufacturing and the watches "feel" right.
    The MB111 10th Anniversary watch is really good in the flesh - the white dial "pops" against the red triangle and hand details and I like the Titanium case ring on this too which helps give the watch a dressier look than perhaps the coloured case-rings of the core MB11's and MB111's. We've gone for it on the red-stitched black leather strap.
    All of those were 'No-Brainers" for our stock.
    I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the look of the Supermarine S2000 Red with its' "Coke" bezel. I found the bezel a bit dull. Kate didn't have a sample of the Yellow unfortunately which I was hoping to see as I think the yellow on the bezel does stand out. For many years I have been trying to persuade Nick & Giles to do a yellow dial for perhaps a U2 as I think it would look great against the slightly gunmetal colour of the cases, however nothing yet......Perhaps we should investigate a "Moodys Special"???
    We have struggled to sell the ladies Solo's in the past and, although beautifully finished, I'm not sure the 34mm case is the best size but I look forward to being proved mightily wrong (again!)
    Just my thoughts.

I actually thought the S2000 red looked really good, more so than the yellow version although I did like both. Visually I thought it looked like a very deep case as well but according to the Bremont website it's the same as the ALT1-C which I find astounding, it certainly looks deeper.

What do you think it is about the ladies Solos that fails to attract buyers at your store?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I actually thought the S2000 red looked really good, more so than the yellow version although I did like both. Visually I thought it looked like a very deep case as well but according to the Bremont website it's the same as the ALT1-C which I find astounding, it certainly looks deeper.

What do you think it is about the ladies Solos that fails to attract buyers at your store?
    Again I think it must be the relative thickness of the case although in fairness they're up against Rolex & Tudor here too!

And, dare I say (in these P.C times) I think Bremont are perceived as predominantly a "bloke's" watch.

It's interesting to hear your thoughts on the new releases, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I have been trying to persuade Nick & Giles to do a yellow dial for perhaps a U2 as I think it would look great against the slightly gunmetal colour of the cases, however nothing yet......Perhaps we should investigate a "Moodys Special"???
    This is an interesting idea, David - I'd be interested in that. Hope you're well, and I'll have to come and pay a visit soon - maybe with Gavin?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    It's interesting to hear your thoughts on the new releases, thanks for sharing.

This is an interesting idea, David - I'd be interested in that. Hope you're well, and I'll have to come and pay a visit soon - maybe with Gavin?

J.
    That would be good Jake.

Are you heading to Baselworld?

D