Thread: ALT1-ZT/51 crown swap for DH-88?

ALT1-ZT/51 crown swap for DH-88?

Hi,
    I really like my ALT1-ZT/51 but I also like the crowns on the DH-88 (which I don't have).
    Do you think Bremont would swap these at all or do you think I have no chance? :-)
    Something like this...

I wear my watches on my right wrist so this would also make it a lot easier setting the time/date etc. without first having to remove it which is a minor PITA (I know, first world problems )
    Last edited by andyo; 02-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    AndyO...
    Edinburgh/Scotland
    24heuer.com

Unfortunately I think there is absolutely 100% zero chance of them saying yes. However if you have a spare £8k you can always buy a DH-88 and take it apart for spares. That's what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Unfortunately I think there is absolutely 100% zero chance of them saying yes. However if you have a spare £8k you can always buy a DH-88 and take it apart for spares. That's what I would do.
    Yes, zero chance. Members have tried to get things like this before: swapping seconds hands, barrels etc from other models, and the answer has always been a 100% no - unfortunately!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies - that's a pity but I can understand why.
    I much prefer the dial on mine over that of the DH-88 but the winding crown is a fiddle to pull out and operate on the wrong hand...try it - it's impossible :-)
    AndyO...
    Edinburgh/Scotland
    24heuer.com

Bit of an update.
    So my reasoning for the above was that pulling the crown out was such a total PITA.
    The crown's sides are straight and meet the case flush.
    Getting any kind of grip to pull the crown out was difficult - especially on the wrong wrist!
    Anyway, I noticed that on the more recent versions of the ALT1-ZT/51 the crown is different - it tapers at the case end, meaning you can get a better grip and more easily pull the crown.
    Not as extreme as the DH-88 but a lot more manageable than before.
    C/S at Bremont HQ were brilliant as usual and swapped this out for me - what a difference
    AndyO...
    Edinburgh/Scotland
    24heuer.com