Thread: Xmas party+drinking=scratched phantom bezel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xmas party+drinking=scratched phantom bezel

Gutted.... awoke on the 22nd with what felt a one man band playing inside my head. What a great idea I thought, knock my lads off at 10am for a breakfast then off to the pub for a quiet afternoon before Xmas for some “team building”

The afternoon went well then after about 5pm everything is a little hazy to say the least.

The upshot of all this enjoyment is that my phantom has a series of scratches on the bezel at 12 o’clock. I have absolutely no idea of how they got there, I have spent all the money in my wallet and Mrs Taileron is raging.

Lesson learned [ATTACH=CONFIG]4284[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D13A209-F45A-4331-B60B-AFDDB766CA1F.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	4284  

Quote Originally Posted by Taileron View Post
    Gutted.... awoke on the 22nd with what felt a one man band playing inside my head. What a great idea I thought, knock my lads off at 10am for a breakfast then off to the pub for a quiet afternoon before Xmas for some “team building”

The afternoon went well then after about 5pm everything is a little hazy to say the least.

The upshot of all this enjoyment is that my phantom has a series of scratches on the bezel at 12 o’clock. I have absolutely no idea of how they got there, I have spent all the money in my wallet and Mrs Taileron is raging.

Lesson learned [ATTACH=CONFIG]4284[/ATTACH
    [/Quote]

Firstly - big respect - the Phantom is one of my all time fav jets. Secondly, it’s DLC coated isn’t it? That will naturally wear over time anyway and need a re-coat if so. Bremont will do it for ‘free’ as part of a service I think (hope I’ve remembered that correctly)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 12-27-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Fixed quotation.
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Shame to see and hear about the damage, Taileron - the perils of Christmas, eh? I’m sure Bremont will sort you though, should you decide to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post

Firstly - big respect - the Phantom is one of my all time fav jets. Secondly, it’s DLC coated isn’t it? That will naturally wear over time anyway and need a re-coat if so. Bremont will do it for ‘free’ as part of a service I think (hope I’ve remembered that correctly)...

Partially - Bremont will simply replace the top section of the case, same as they do for the non-DLC cases at a service.

J.

Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 12-27-2018 at 08:08 PM.

It’s got a couple of years to go before it’s due a service so I will wait until then and get it sorted. The dlc really shows up scratches which is a shame, but it still looks the business. Of all of my watches this one gets the most compliments and I have been asked to sell it a couple of times. No chance, this one will be going to my son when the undertaker removes it from my arm.

On another note this MB is second accurate over 24 hours, over 7 days I get a + 3. The accuracy is amazing, is this the norm or am I just lucky?

Hi Taileron,
    Quick Question......I did not even know there was a Phantom MB , seen yours, big thumbs up, checked out the website and now my money has to be spent. I served as a FLM 1979-1984 at Wattisham on 56 Sqn Phantoms, will I qualify to get one and if so what proof do I need, been out of the mob for some years now although I can still remember my service number.
    Cheers

It’s got a couple of years to go before it’s due a service so I will wait until then and get it sorted. The dlc really shows up scratches which is a shame, but it still looks the business. Of all of my watches this one gets the most compliments and I have been asked to sell it a couple of times. No chance, this one will be going to my son when the undertaker removes it from my arm.

On another note this MB is second accurate over 24 hours, over 7 days I get a + 3. The accuracy is amazing, is this the norm or am I just lucky?
    Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderkeeper View Post
    Hi Taileron,
    Quick Question......I did not even know there was a Phantom MB , seen yours, big thumbs up, checked out the website and now my money has to be spent. I served as a FLM 1979-1984 at Wattisham on 56 Sqn Phantoms, will I qualify to get one and if so what proof do I need, been out of the mob for some years now although I can still remember my service number.
    Cheers
    Hi Borderkeeper,

If you speak to the people at special projects and explain your service history from my understanding they then contact the project leader who has the final say. I was fortunate to have my 4820 (I’m still serving) and some other supporting information to validate my application. They are a really nice bunch at special projects who are not in the business of giving out incorrect information, they will simply ask for your evidence and pass it fwd.

I have a few buddies still in who worked on 56 so that may help if required ( you know how the liney world works, no name is forgotten) and they maybe able to assist. No guarantees but it may prove useful.

Good luck.

Perfect,
    Many thanks for that info, worst case I can always fwd them a copy of me sat in the back of one about to go for a jolly in Cyprus :-) and a copy of that nice letter the AVM gave me when I left quoting my service.
    Cheers.

Hi Borderkeeper,

If you speak to the people at special projects and explain your service history from my understanding they then contact the project leader who has the final say. I was fortunate to have my 4820 (I’m still serving) and some other supporting information to validate my application. They are a really nice bunch at special projects who are not in the business of giving out incorrect information, they will simply ask for your evidence and pass it fwd.

I have a few buddies still in who worked on 56 so that may help if required ( you know how the liney world works, no name is forgotten) and they maybe able to assist. No guarantees but it may prove useful.

Good luck.
    Stay safe.