Poll: Ordering an SE301?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordering the SE301 + Launch Day Giveaway

felix

Please could someone explain the significance of felix?

I am torn between the s301 and se301. I love the clean dial but unsure if I will grow tired of felix in time !!

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmehta023 View Post
    Please could someone explain the significance of felix?

I am torn between the s301 and se301. I love the clean dial but unsure if I will grow tired of felix in time !!

Many thanks
    Hi rmehta, welcome to the forum!

Felix is a long time Bremont - and Alt1tude - mascot, and can be seen on the side of the ‘Bremont Bus’ - the 1950’s Max-Holste Brousssard aeroplane owned by Nick and Giles.

The emblem and mascot is known as ‘Felix the Cat’, and historically was painted as a cat running with a large spherical black bomb with a lit fuse. The cat itself can be seen on several World War Two aeroplanes, and is also associated with a few famous aviators, such as Lindbergh.

Hope this helps!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely fantastic job guys. I can finally handle this in the budget. Just emailed HQ. Are there still pieces available for order? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemd View Post
    Absolutely fantastic job guys. I can finally handle this in the budget. Just emailed HQ. Are there still pieces available for order? Thanks.
    Thanks Mike! HQ should get back with you shortly about picking out your serial from what’s available. You will also be able to request a personalized engraving. Glad that you are joining the SE301 squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemd View Post
    That’s great to hear, Mike!

As Jeremy says, HQ will be in touch shortly and let you pick a serial number and engraving.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!

I just now joined this forum. This was the result of viewing an S301 today, and starting to learn about Bremont watches. As I was browsing this forum, I was amazed to see this Limited Edition SE301. Funny thing is, at Roldorf & Co. here in Vancouver today, I commented that I don't think I have ever seen a Bremont watch without date function! Then I see this beautiful LE piece. Having just joined the forum, I don't know if I am even qualified to order one or if they are still available.

Cheers,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    I just now joined this forum. This was the result of viewing an S301 today, and starting to learn about Bremont watches. As I was browsing this forum, I was amazed to see this Limited Edition SE301. Funny thing is, at Roldorf & Co. here in Vancouver today, I commented that I don't think I have ever seen a Bremont watch without date function! Then I see this beautiful LE piece. Having just joined the forum, I don't know if I am even qualified to order one or if they are still available.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Hey Carl,

Welcome to Alt1tude and great to have you here! I hear Vancouver is gorgeous and my wife has been begging me to take her someday! Roldorf seems to be a very cool AD. Love the Roldorf Seaforth, and nearly ordered one!
    Am happy that you like our SE301. As there are still a few available, I’d reccomend emailing the special projects crew if you are considering one. They’ll tell you which serials are left and go over the deposit policy, etc. There is no requirement on length of membership here in order to purchase one.
    Again, welcome aboard, and don’t be a stranger!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Hey Carl,

Welcome to Alt1tude and great to have you here! I hear Vancouver is gorgeous and my wife has been begging me to take her someday! Roldorf seems to be a very cool AD. Love the Roldorf Seaforth, and nearly ordered one!
    Am happy that you like our SE301. As there are still a few available, I’d reccomend emailing the special projects crew if you are considering one. They’ll tell you which serials are left and go over the deposit policy, etc. There is no requirement on length of membership here in order to purchase one.
    Again, welcome aboard, and don’t be a stranger!
    Thank you for your warm welcome. I did go ahead last night and contacted the Special Projects. I got an email this morning confirming that there are still a few available.

The SE is very tempting indeed. But before I continued the ordering process, I wanted to go down to my AD and take another look at the S301 on which it is based, and see which of the two I liked better. The guys at Roldorf were really surprised when I showed them the SE301 on this forum, and they loved it. And it has some amazing and unique elements, not the least of which to me is the fact that it has no date, and that never seems to be mentioned. Anyway, since watches are very emotional to me, my heart is with the S301. And also, as I am new to both Bremont and the forum, and I could not decide between the two, I decided that I would go with the S301. That way, as well, I am really supporting my local AD. And they are a great couple of guys. If I thought that I would have any regrets at all about not choosing the S301, I would have gone ahead with the order process for the SE.

Howie at the AD was wearing his Roldorf Seaforth. I was very impressed. The first Seaforth I have seen in real life. A local company, and Jason who owns it is a great guy as well. Unfortunately, I was too late for the Roldorf Seaforth as well, as I usually am for all the Seaforth editions, at least so far!

Should be easy enough for you to get to Vancouver now. I believe Delta is going to have nonstop service year round now from Atlanta, and not just for the cruise ship season. I actually worked for Delta Airlines from 1975 - 1997 here in Vancouver. Unfortunately, they pulled out of Vancouver in 1997, but it appears they are now coming back. They were, and still are, a great company.

So, that's my story for now. Really looking forward to participating in this forum. A wrist shot of my S301:

Looks like it was made to go with my old bomber jacket!

Cheers,
    Carl

Awesome pick up Carl. Welcome to the Bremont family. Although I am not an active memeber here (in terms of posting) I do read almost every post and go to a few Bremont events locally I have quite a few Bremont and to support this forum I also ordered the SE301 on launch date even when I already have the S301. The folks at my local Bremont boutique know how much I like watches with no date that I simply cannot resist the no date dial and the blued steel hands on the SE301. Maybe you will do the same soon

Are their still some of the se301 available, before I order I will try to find a stockist and try on a standard 300 or 301, just to check out the size on my wrist, before I do this I wanted to check on availability.