Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Launching 12/12/18 - The Alt1tude Forum SE301!

It just seemed a tenuous link. The Supermarine on the original is part of what the watch is about. The Bremont bus has been used most recently as part of the promotion for the Venom film which in turn is used to promote the U2/Jet and not the Supermarine. It's also just, from my perspective at least, a personal hobby for the brothers and so could just has easily have been a Porsche 911 graphic on the back (not an E-type for obvious reasons). Even though it's mentioned up thread I still couldn't tell you what type of aeroplane it is. if there's more significance than what I'm aware of then may be that could help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea, it's just not something that particularly stands out to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It just seemed a tenuous link. The Supermarine on the original is part of what the watch is about. The Bremont bus has been used most recently as part of the promotion for the Venom film which in turn is used to promote the U2/Jet and not the Supermarine. It's also just, from my perspective at least, a personal hobby for the brothers and so could just has easily have been a Porsche 911 graphic on the back (not an E-type for obvious reasons). Even though it's mentioned up thread I still couldn't tell you what type of aeroplane it is. if there's more significance than what I'm aware of then may be that could help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea, it's just not something that particularly stands out to me either.
    It’s a shame that you consider it a tenuous link, and at the end of the day, if that’s how you see it I doubt much could be said that will change your mind!!
    Personally, I think it’s a perfect match for the watch and see the link no more tenuous than having Felix on there.
    I’m guessing that Felix was chosen as the forum mascot as he is on the Bremont Bus - I don’t know where else he is to be found in relation to Bremont other than on there. So having the plane that the forum mascot was displayed on seems the perfect fit.
    You suggest the Supermarine plane on the case-back was a good fit on the core range Supermarine watch as it sat within the theme of the watch, which again I think the Broussard does here, as it is a Bremont forum watch based on a Supermarine. So the design element of having an aircraft on the case-back remains but the aircraft has been changed to fit in with Bremont as a whole rather than an individual model.
    And the fact that the Broussard has been rebranded for the Venom movie, for me, just reinforces the importance of this aircraft to the brothers and the brand.
    Just my thoughts....!!
    Last edited by chipbutty55; 12-10-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Launching 12/12/18 - The Alt1tude Forum SE301!

As we approach the launch date of the SE301, we wanted to share another bit of inspiration that helped to guide some of our design cues on this project.

Over the years that Alt1tude has existed, we’ve seen hundreds of unique Bremont watches made, both for the consumer market and for various military squadrons. Although there are many stand-outs over the years, one watch that seemed to resonate to wide appeal from our membership is called the Dragon Lady. The Dragon Lady is an ALT1-C based chronograph that features a black dial, vintage lumed indices, blued steel hands, red accents on the second hand, grey text, with a matching grey schematic or the U2 spy plane.

It was intended to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Lockheed Martin U-2, and limited to 60 pieces. Unfortunately for most, in order to purchase the Dragon Lady, you must be a verified member of a U2 crew, making it essentially unobtainable for the fans who came to appreciate it.

Suffice it to say, we attempted to recreate some of the design cues of the Dragon Lady, but on the 40mm, 3 hander frame of the S301. We are very pleased with the result and think it will be a stunner in the flesh in just a few short months! Hopefully these photos of the Dragon Lady give you an idea of what our SE301 will look like once it goes into production!

Last edited by jwalker9; 12-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Itís a shame that you consider it a tenuous link, and at the end of the day, if thatís how you see it I doubt much could be said that will change your mind!!
    Personally, I think itís a perfect match for the watch and see the link no more tenuous than having Felix on there.
    Iím guessing that Felix was chosen as the forum mascot as he is on the Bremont Bus - I donít know where else he is to be found in relation to Bremont other than on there. So having the plane that the forum mascot was displayed on seems the perfect fit.
    You suggest the Supermarine plane was a good fit to the Supermarine watch as it sat within the theme of the watch, which again I think the the Broussard does here, as it is a Bremont forum watch based on a Supermarine watch. So the design of having an aircraft on the caseback remains but the aircraft has been changed to fit in with Bremont as a whole rather than an individual model. And the fact that it has been rebranded for the Venom movie, for me, just reinforces the importance of this aircraft to the brothers and the brand.
    Just my thoughts....!!
    Iíd forgotten that Felix was from Ďthe busí. Rather like that link - very good thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Having just spent 3 years working alongside a U2 sqn It pains me to say....I didn’t see a single pilot wearing a Bremont. The majority seemed to go for the good old faithful G Shock. I couldn’t comment for when they are flying as we were never present when they crewed in/out. People often go on about this aircraft for various reasons but the two things that always stood out to me where the unbelievable rate of climb combined with the noise. On a par with a couple of Tornado in re-heat half way down the runway, it shook the building.

No love lost! Glad it’s growing on you though! As others correctly stated, since the Bus is the origin of the Felix connection between the Bremont brand and Alt1tude, it struck us as a connection worth utilizing.

Since we have a closed case-back - will there be the anti-magnetism of a Faraday Cage? Fingers crossed.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    It’s a shame that you consider it a tenuous link, and at the end of the day, if that’s how you see it I doubt much could be said that will change your mind!!
    Personally, I think it’s a perfect match for the watch and see the link no more tenuous than having Felix on there.
    I’m guessing that Felix was chosen as the forum mascot as he is on the Bremont Bus - I don’t know where else he is to be found in relation to Bremont other than on there. So having the plane that the forum mascot was displayed on seems the perfect fit.
    You suggest the Supermarine plane on the case-back was a good fit on the core range Supermarine watch as it sat within the theme of the watch, which again I think the Broussard does here, as it is a Bremont forum watch based on a Supermarine. So the design element of having an aircraft on the case-back remains but the aircraft has been changed to fit in with Bremont as a whole rather than an individual model.
    And the fact that the Broussard has been rebranded for the Venom movie, for me, just reinforces the importance of this aircraft to the brothers and the brand.
    Just my thoughts....!!
    This is one of those times when you think you've answered one of those questions that shouldn't be answered, like when being asked someones age or whether they look good in certain clothing.
    My comments about the Bremont bus on the back of the watch were simply a personal observation and as I said, it is growing on me. I can see why some, possibly most, think it's ideal. Like anything watch related we all have our personal favourites and things we like, dislike or just aren't sure about.
    You make the comment that Felix is on the Bremont bus but with the Venom paint scheme is that still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    No love lost! Glad it’s growing on you though! As others correctly stated, since the Bus is the origin of the Felix connection between the Bremont brand and Alt1tude, it struck us as a connection worth utilizing.
    I hope not. I still have every intention of getting my hands on the SE301, as long as I haven't been barred!

This is one of those times when you think you've answered one of those questions that shouldn't be answered, like when being asked someones age or whether they look good in certain clothing.
    My comments about the Bremont bus on the back of the watch were simply a personal observation and as I said, it is growing on me. I can see why some, possibly most, think it's ideal. Like anything watch related we all have our personal favourites and things we like, dislike or just aren't sure about.
    You make the comment that Felix is on the Bremont bus but with the Venom paint scheme is that still the case?
    Not at all mate, you are entirely entitled to your own view and opinion. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all that!!
    The other difficulty of course with the written word, is that it's very difficult to convey ones opinion with the intended sentiment behind it.
    No-one here expects everyone to love everything that's done and your view on this is entirely valid, I was just stating my view! Doesn't make either view any more correct, just simply different!!
    And, yes, even though the Bus has been repainted, I still feel the link to it is still valid. It shows the connection to the aircraft as a major advertising tool for the brand as a whole. If you feel it's not, because of the repaint, then you could make the same argument for Felix. He's no longer on the plane so should he be considered for the watch if, indeed, he is on it?!