Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBII Rattle Sound from Bezel

MBII Rattle Sound from Bezel

Hi Guys - sorry for all the newbie questions but I just picked up my MBII last week and absolutely love it. One issue I have noticed, however, is an ongoing click/rattle sound coming from the bezel when I move or shake my arm. It basically sounds like something may be loose in the roto-click mechanism. Is this a normal side-effect of the ball bearings in the bezel - or is there perhaps something wrong with my MBII?

I recorded a bit of the sound to demonstrate what happens when I move my wrist around with the watch on.

Do any other MBII/MBIII owners have this rattling sound from time to time? Is this normal or should I look into it further with the boutique I purchased the watch from?

Thanks as always!!

Hi mate

That's not normal and I would definitely send it in for a repair. I have an mb1 (basically an mb2) and an mb3 and neither of them make any noise. If you had a display back on the case you might potentially see a loose screw or something. sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hi mate

That's not normal and I would definitely send it in for a repair. I have an mb1 (basically an mb2) and an mb3 and neither of them make any noise. If you had a display back on the case you might potentially see a loose screw or something. sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Ryan
    Thanks so much, Ryan - really appreciate that. I was definitely afraid that was the case. Will get in touch with them today and arrange a repair. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by englandspeedy View Post
    Thanks so much, Ryan - really appreciate that. I was definitely afraid that was the case. Will get in touch with them today and arrange a repair. Thanks again!
    Wise, Eddie. That rattle certainly sounds sinister and is in no way normal!

Do let us know what it turns out to be.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Wise, Eddie. That rattle certainly sounds sinister and is in no way normal!

Do let us know what it turns out to be.

J.

Will do. I'm heading into London on Friday so will drop by the Bremont Boutique and see what they think. Will update soon!

My MB does this too. A small turn of the bezel gets rid of it so clearly something to do with the roto-click mechanism. As it's out of warranty I've decided to leave it until i get it serviced but if it were new I'd get them to sort it.

MBII Rattle Sound from Bezel

Quote Originally Posted by Matt74 View Post
    My MB does this too. A small turn of the bezel gets rid of it so clearly something to do with the roto-click mechanism. As it's out of warranty I've decided to leave it until i get it serviced but if it were new I'd get them to sort it.
    Thanks for letting me know. Itís a shame this seems to be happening on a few MBís. I will certainly pass that on when I drop mine off on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by englandspeedy; 11-14-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Hi all - just wanted to send over an update on my MBII with the bezel rattle.

I went to the Bremont Boutique in London today and had an amazing experience. David from Bremont immediately took the strap off my faulty MBII, went to the safe for another watch, and put my strap on a brand new piece for me - all the while apologising for the issue.

Iíve never had that kind of experience with a watch brand before (can you imagine Omega or Rolex swapping you for a brand new watch on the spot?) - and more proof that Iíve decided to start collecting and associating with a unique and excellent brand :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic!

Great customer service by David but also typical of the personal touch that comes with Bremont which emanates from Nick & Giles down through the entire company.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Fantastic!

Great customer service by David but also typical of the personal touch that comes with Bremont which emanates from Nick & Giles down through the entire company.
    100% - that attitude (along with the exemplary product) is the reason I love Bremont.

Eddie, Iím glad to hear your watch is getting sorted - enjoy the new MBII whilst itís away.

J.