Thread: Anti-Magnetism in Bremont Watches

Anti-Magnetism in Bremont Watches

Hi Guys - I have a quick question - mainly as I have been hearing horror stories about some of the new Apple devices (mainly the new iPad which has lots of magnets in it) causing their mechanical watches to easily get magnetised.

I know the Martin Baker line has a Faraday Cage to help with magnetism but I haven’t been able to find any quantifiable number on its protection-level (e.g. Omega claims 15K gauss in its coaxial movements and of course there’s the Rolex 1K gauss/‘i.e. Milgauss’).

So just curious if anyone knows the actual level of protection on the MB’s.

Also - do any other Bremont models carry any anti-magnetic qualities - or is it just the Martin Bakers??

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evening Eddie,

The level of protection is 80000A/m - approx 1K Gauss. That figure is straight from Bremont themselves.

As for what models have the feature, it can be found in the MB, U2 and Supermarine ranges.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Evening Eddie,

The level of protection is 80000A/m - approx 1K Gauss. That figure is straight from Bremont themselves.

As for what models have the feature, it can be found in the MB, U2 and Supermarine ranges.

J.

I'm not sure about the S300 and 301 Jake.
    We've had to return a customers S300 twice to be de-magnetised and assume this is down to the smaller case size meaning that perhaps they haven't made a smaller Faraday cage to fit them.
    Thankfully my customer is remaining fairly patient but is baffled about what is the cause of the magnetising, being fairly certain the watch isn't coming into contact with iPads , phones etc and she isn't fitted with a pacemaker!!
    We're putting it down to her magnetic personality ��

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I'm not sure about the S300 and 301 Jake.
    You’re absolutely correct David - thanks for pointing that out.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Evening Eddie,

J.

Thanks for the feedback, Jake - much appreciated !

This is an interesting one because I use an iPad and pencil to take notes at work, am right handed and wear my watch on my right wrist so my watch is in regular proximity to magnets I guess. Not noticed any ill effects but have mostly worn an MB.

Makes me think about other watches though....