Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Selling Direct

Wildrover
    Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    Seriously doubt that Bremont was being purely altruistic here. They are business like any other and the profit motive abounds.
    That is the reason, top price watches and the English brothers now want more cash out of the business.

Think it's a bad decision personally. You could argue why bother with AD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    That is the reason, top price watches and the English brothers now want more cash out of the business.
    Yeah, I think many watch fans in general tend to forget that about their favorite brands: The brands exist as a business first and as a watch company second. The watches and the like get so much coverage that the fans either forget or choose to ignore the business side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    Seriously doubt that Bremont was being purely altruistic here. They are business like any other and the profit motive abounds.
    That's not what I was suggesting. Selling direct from a website as well as through AD's is win-win for consumers and Bremont alike. It's no doubt a business decision but the consumer doesn't lose out. The only side to be concerned about losing out is the AD's but I don't see that happening. I suspect that any consumers having access to an AD will buy there anyway. You can then see the watch up close and potentially strike a deal that you won't get online, not forgetting the value of the watch and the security that comes from buying at an AD. As I mentioned the consumer that gains the most is the one without access to an AD and if you don't have access to an AD then there's no AD to lose out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post

Think it's a bad decision personally. You could argue why bother with AD's?
    An assumption?

What makes you think that business will be taken away from AD's? There's very little to be gained (other than time ironically) buying a Bremont online at RRP if you have access to an AD.

So do Bremont expect people to pay full price on their website, that’s what they make off AD’s and their mark up plus the profit they make from selling the watch to them, I don’t think so.

Do Rolex, Patek or Omega sell direct, No! What a bad move and a kick in the knads for all their long standing AD’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    So do Bremont expect people to pay full price on their website, that’s what they make off AD’s and their mark up plus the profit they make from selling the watch to them, I don’t think so.

Do Rolex, Patek or Omega sell direct, No! What a bad move and a kick in the knads for all their long standing AD’s.
    Omega do, as does Panerai, IWC, Bell&Ross, Tag...

I think Bremont are doing a wise thing generally - but I see and agree with the points made about annoying AD’s.

Let’s not forget, not everyone is a super fan (like we are) and buying the watch in person is neither here nor there, and is ultimately trumped by the convenience of buying in a few minutes online.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s fair enough j but where does that online buyer take his or her bracelet to be sized.

Not posted for a while so a quick update. The family Bremont collection has expanded, number one son now has a white polished solo with black alligator strap and number two son has Airco Mach 3.
    We are now known as the three Bremego’s.

Of course, you're looking from the wrong perspective. If Bremont started discounting their directly purchased prices that would hammer the AD's as the discount would part of the AD's profit, not what Bremont charge the AD's. From a business perspective of both making the watches more accessible AND supporting the AD's, the only option is to charge full RRP on the website.

That’s fair enough j but where does that online buyer take his or her bracelet to be sized.
    the vast majority of Bremont watches are sold with a strap not bracelet. My nearest Bremont stockist which is also a national jewellery store has a stand with about 20 Bremonts and all have straps, not a bracelet to be seen. Those that do consider buying a bracelet watch may well consider what you've said and find an AD.

Well there we have it another nail in the coffin for the high street, the internet wins again. Maybe the AD’s should stay open paying rent and business tax and staff in the hope a bracelet needs altering.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 11-04-2018 at 10:51 AM.