Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Selling Direct

Bremont Selling Direct

Has anyone noticed that you can now buy watches direct from the Bremont website?

I know that it has always been possible to order through Jura or Mr Porter etc. and it does open up Bremont to a global on-line market, making them available to watch collectors where they're not represented.

The big question is would you still prefer to sit down in a Bremont Boutique or Authorised Dealer or is that too old-fashioned?

Yes, by complete accident through clicking an official link on Facebook. I only noticed as the Henley watches were being advertised!?

I would far prefer to buy a watch through a boutique or AD rather than online if I could. However, it's not that easy to get to one for some people so an online store is a nice addition, for the standard range at least. Not sure about the LE watches, may be they should only be available through boutiques/AD's?

I would never buy without holding the watch in my hand. For me the "feel" is such a big part of buying a watch. In fact a friend couldn't undersand why anyone would spend more on a watch than 500 until he held my Bremont and then shortly went and bought one.

Same here. I would never buy a high ticket product without trying it on and getting a feel for how the watch wears. Ask a few questions of the AD, try it on a few different straps and then negotiate on price.

Seems to be the way that a lot of the watch brands are going either Boutique only or online with the aim of trying to sell watches for full RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Yes, by complete accident through clicking an official link on Facebook. I only noticed as the Henley watches were being advertised!?

I would far prefer to buy a watch through a boutique or AD rather than online if I could. However, it's not that easy to get to one for some people so an online store is a nice addition, for the standard range at least. Not sure about the LE watches, may be they should only be available through boutiques/AD's?
    Interesting point about the L/E's and on the Bremont website you can register an interest for one but not "Add to basket"!

As I understand it all the Editions are sold out to us AD's in any case and that we won't necessarily get all that we order. As the global dealership increases the L/e's have to spread further. In 2008 when we were one of the first few Bremont AD's in UK we had six EP120's to sell!! Happy days! Only regret is that I didn't have one of them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Interesting point about the L/E's and on the Bremont website you can register an interest for one but not "Add to basket"!
    that is the case with the historical limited editions and some others such as the Endurance. However, it does appear that you can purchase the Waterman LE online as well as the Boeing 100 LE. The latter I can understand as it has been out for two years and still seems to be readily available, the former I think should only be available through AD's or boutiques (just my personal opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Seems to be the way that a lot of the watch brands are going either Boutique only or online with the aim of trying to sell watches for full RRP.
    Selling online and direct seems like a business decision. Why sell wholesale to an AD at 50% off when you can sell online directly to the customer for full retail? When brands go this direction, it seems like a slap in the face to their AD network.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    Selling online and direct seems like a business decision. Why sell wholesale to an AD at 50% off when you can sell online directly to the customer for full retail? When brands go this direction, it seems like a slap in the face to their AD network.
    Rather how I feel....

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    When brands go this direction, it seems like a slap in the face to their AD network.
    I'm not sure that I agree. There will be customers who can't get to an AD or possibly just don't have the time. Now they can still get their hands on a Bremont. There may even be customers who don't like the local AD - been there.

I did notice one quite quirky thing about the website at the moment. The 1918 WG and Wright Flyer WG are both on the LE page but also in the LE archive. The SS and RG for both are still only on the LE page. I can only think that the WG versions have completely sold out which is why they're now in the archive. Looks odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm not sure that I agree. There will be customers who can't get to an AD or possibly just don't have the time. Now they can still get their hands on a Bremont. There may even be customers who don't like the local AD - been there.

I did notice one quite quirky thing about the website at the moment. The 1918 WG and Wright Flyer WG are both on the LE page but also in the LE archive. The SS and RG for both are still only on the LE page. I can only think that the WG versions have completely sold out which is why they're now in the archive. Looks odd though.
    Seriously doubt that Bremont was being purely altruistic here. They are business like any other and the profit motive abounds.