Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Supersonic - The 2018 Heritage Limited Edition

I hear the Oasis song everytime I see Supersonic on the dial. Great song, lovely watch.

I was also at the launch and agree with chipbutty55, the lighting was more “mood” lighting and I struggled to really catch all of the finer details. I’m going to wait and see one in daylight before I decide to purchase. Also would like to handle the presentation packaging box, not sure if it’s really cool or the opposite!!! , knowing Bremont it will be superb.

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Having had the pleasure of going to thew launch event last night, I got to look at, handle and photograph the watches. The PM pieces were left in the cabinets, so only the SS pieces were out and available to "touch"!!

I have to say, leading up to this launch, I was full of excitement as I have loved Concorde from an early age. Seeing and hearing it going out routinely over the West Country where I lived and in later years have the good fortune to control the aircraft as it flew through through UK airspace.
    It is a truly iconic and special machine and can say that it was actually quite emotional watching the archive footage of Concorde in action in the Bremont movie at the launch.

The watch itself is a beautiful design and pays tribute wonderfully to the beautiful design of the aircraft. It is also wonderful to see Bremont using this piece to have their 1st Manual Wind movement coupled with their 1st Power Reserve feature.
    The Crown is also a nice touch, being a different, new shape. It seems to look thinner when looking down on the watch, but wider across, when viewing from the side. Bremont have also taken the opportunity here to move away from the Bremont propellor logo on the crown, to show 4 Concorde shapes, which creates an amazingly cool pattern!!
    To allay fears of "size" of the watch, yes its 43mm but is considerably slimmer on the wrist than nearly all of the other other historical LE's released - probably very similar to the Wright Flyer if anyone has had the good fortune to try or own that! It is also a very good (light) weight so feels more of a dress watch.
    The movement is something special to look at for sure, and as shown in the post above - paints an entire picture!!!

I do however agree on the "Supersonic" text on the dial looking a space-filler, or as someone has suggested, to create balance with the Bremont branding.
    My other issue on the Night, was that a lot of the lighting around where the watches were, was mainly of the coloured neon variety, and trying to get an idea of what the dial actually looks like was pretty difficult. Needless to say, it didn't photograph very well under these conditions and the dial looked very silvery to me, more often than white.

So, to sum up, it's a beautiful watch. A beautiful clean dial, great new spec/features and thinner than usual historical LE's. It ticks a lot of boxes for me.
    Will I buy one..? It's possible! I just have to see that dial in the daylight to check how it will actually look once its out in the wild, and that I can live with that "Supersonic" wording being so obvious on the dial...

If I can work out at any point how to post photos here now, I'll try to put some up!!

Do current BA staff get a discount, or if you have flown on Concorde?

the dial looked very silvery to me, more often than white.
    I agree whole heartedly but you may be surprised to learn that it doesn't change in other lighting. I had the opportunity to look at the SS version at the Royal Exchange boutique as well as at the event the night before. In both cases the face had a silver sheen to it, less so at the boutique but it was still there. Bremonts specification is "Sunray Silver White metal dial" which might explain it. It's a white with a silver sheen. The online graphics and official photos are somewhat misleading as they give the appearance of a pure white face.

My opinion of the watch is quite simple. It is everything I wanted and although unexpected, the pure mechanical movement is a nice touch. The view from the back seems somewhat odd when you're used to automatic movements but it is very neatly done and very appealing. The front face is very subtle and allows the two subdials, especially the second hand one, to stand out. The detail in that subdial is beautifully done and does seem to be something that draws your attention. I don't have the issue with the supersonic logo that others do but I do understand the comments.

What I don't quite get is the need for the three models. I'm a fan of rose gold but that version doesn't appeal at all. Something about Concorde seems to require a silver/white watch. The white gold version is beautiful with very subtle hands where as the blue hands on the stainless version are more pronounced. In all honesty I can't see why someone would choose the white gold version over the stainless steel one. The stainless steel version has it all for me, the white gold version seems just to be a very similar looking watch for an £8.5k surplus.

Having had the pleasure of going to thew launch event last night, I got to look at, handle and photograph the watches. The PM pieces were left in the cabinets, so only the SS pieces were out and available to "touch"!!

I have to say, leading up to this launch, I was full of excitement as I have loved Concorde from an early age. Seeing and hearing it going out routinely over the West Country where I lived and in later years have the good fortune to control the aircraft as it flew through through UK airspace.
    It is a truly iconic and special machine and can say that it was actually quite emotional watching the archive footage of Concorde in action in the Bremont movie at the launch.

The watch itself is a beautiful design and pays tribute wonderfully to the beautiful design of the aircraft. It is also wonderful to see Bremont using this piece to have their 1st Manual Wind movement coupled with their 1st Power Reserve feature.
    The Crown is also a nice touch, being a different, new shape. It seems to look thinner when looking down on the watch, but wider across, when viewing from the side. Bremont have also taken the opportunity here to move away from the Bremont propellor logo on the crown, to show 4 Concorde shapes, which creates an amazingly cool pattern!!
    To allay fears of "size" of the watch, yes its 43mm but is considerably slimmer on the wrist than nearly all of the other other historical LE's released - probably very similar to the Wright Flyer if anyone has had the good fortune to try or own that! It is also a very good (light) weight so feels more of a dress watch.
    The movement is something special to look at for sure, and as shown in the post above - paints an entire picture!!!

I do however agree on the "Supersonic" text on the dial looking a space-filler, or as someone has suggested, to create balance with the Bremont branding.
    My other issue on the Night, was that a lot of the lighting around where the watches were, was mainly of the coloured neon variety, and trying to get an idea of what the dial actually looks like was pretty difficult. Needless to say, it didn't photograph very well under these conditions and the dial looked very silvery to me, more often than white.

So, to sum up, it's a beautiful watch. A beautiful clean dial, great new spec/features and thinner than usual historical LE's. It ticks a lot of boxes for me.
    Will I buy one..? It's possible! I just have to see that dial in the daylight to check how it will actually look once its out in the wild, and that I can live with that "Supersonic" wording being so obvious on the dial...

If I can work out at any point how to post photos here now, I'll try to put some up!!
    Good write up Steve, and thanks for giving me the low-down considering that I couldn’t make it, unfortunately.

If you let me know what pictures you want posted up I will do that.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bremont Supersonic - The 2018 Heritage Limited Edition

Bremont have done well with this one - as expected. The styling and small details are spot on as we have become accustomed to with the ‘Heritage’ LE’s.

My only gripe: the ‘box’ - how are you supposed to keep that safe with the rest of your ‘standard’ Bremont boxes!? I guess it’ll have to take pride of place on the living room coffee table...

Who’s noticed the subtle window detailing? A very clever little touch.

As for the watch itself, stunning. I do agree with some of the other comments here about the Supersonic branding and the balance, but don’t forget that this things do often subtly change between the prototypes and the shipped product. Talking of subtle, I love the little Concorde shaped 12 marker on the dial..

Also, maybe HQ have missed a trick not using a GMT complication? In my option, that is much more relevant to Concorde than an 8 day power reserve. After all, ‘Speedbird Concorde One’ once took 2hrs 52 minutes and 59 seconds to cross the Atlantic...

the dial looked very silvery to me, more often than white.
    Officially according to Bremont, the dial is ‘Sunray Silver White’ - formulated to closely match the paint on Concorde.

J.

Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I really like the idea of a manual wind Bremont with a power reserve dial, and the 8 day reserve is the cherry on the top. However the Supersonic is beyond my means and my worry is that, like the retrograde dials in the Victory, and the fly back complication on the Codebreaker, these features wont filter down in to the standard catalogue. It really highlights to me how “basic” the bulk of the catalogue is right now. Good looking watch though and the packaging is barmy

Think this shot from Hodinkee shows off the dial the best.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Think this shot from Hodinkee shows off the dial the best.

Stunning. Love this one! On order!

Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

I haven't quite made up my mind up yet, although my first impression is better than I expected. As my childhood aviation icon, it was always going to be a tall order to fill.

On seeing the first press shot, some big pluses for me - white/silver face with blue hands looks great. Window detail is excellent and date looks good at the 6 o'clock position.

However as others have said the 'supersonic' doesn't look quite right almost like it's been added in photoshop afterward due to font/size. I also wish it was called something more subtle like "SST" (supersonic transport) as it was referred to before being named Concorde, and now SuperRichieM has mentioned Oasis I will always hear that looking at it!

Manual wind is a great idea to keep the watch slim and sleek like Concorde, but at 14.5mm depth it's the same as my chunky MB so I can only hope it wears slimmer. I need to see this in the flesh I think.