Thread: Thoughts on Ball watches?

Thoughts on Ball watches?

Hi all

With the lack of a dlc solo in bremonts stable I've been looking at other nice looking simple 3 hander black watches and have seen these carbolight black ball watches. there the same size as a solo and have an inhouse chronometer movement as well as being around £1k cheaper. I just don't know anything about the brand or the build quality. Any thoughts / advice?

Thanks
    Ryan

I'm curious as well. I was looking at Ball watches before I was introduced to Bremont. I quite like the Engineer II Volcano. That said, if I was looking for a dark coloured watch and didn't want a chronograph, I would buy the U2/JET in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm curious as well. I was looking at Ball watches before I was introduced to Bremont. I quite like the Engineer II Volcano. That said, if I was looking for a dark coloured watch and didn't want a chronograph, I would buy the U2/JET in a heartbeat.
    I have a dlc mb3 with jet black barrel which essentially is a u2 jet with out the awful vintage lume hopefully next year Bremont might look at a dlc solo.

MBIII has an extra 'hand' though doesn't it? Haven't seen a DLC version of it though, imagine that will be quite striking. Funnily enough, I really like the vintage lume.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    MBIII has an extra 'hand' though doesn't it? Haven't seen a DLC version of it though, imagine that will be quite striking. Funnily enough, I really like the vintage lume.
    Here we go - picture from Bremont Military.

Which DLC MBIII do you have, Ryan? Do post a picture, they’re a rare thing!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the picture, that's a very, very nice watch!