Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Limited Edition Launch

The invite looks like a very posh British Airways boarding pass. The dress code is Sharp and to the point. To me that all points towards Concorde, I believe the location has or had in the past an exhibition on the subject of Concorde.

I'm not mad keen on these types of events, at the 1918 launch I stood around like a bit of a spare part and only knew some of the staff from the mayfair boutique. Most of the people at the event seemed to be from the trade, the press, RAF guests etc. Which is why it might be nice to arrange to meet with some other enthusiasts at the event. I expect I only got an invite because I've attended other events such as the town house, I register for the newsletters etc. I got my DH-88 from Mayfair and I registered my other watches.

A Bremont Speedbird might be an interesting watch. What design features do you think it should have?

I'd like something a bit more dress watch, perhaps a simple GMT using a Bremont movement and slimmer than the 1918. But I expect that it will be another chunky Chronograph

I have a slightly different perspective about these events. I like them although admittedly the 1918 event was somewhat different, possibly due to the black tie dress code making it all seem a bit more formal. This event will possibly be a little bit more relaxed.

Have they not all been Black Tie ?
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I have a slightly different perspective about these events. I like them although admittedly the 1918 event was somewhat different, possibly due to the black tie dress code making it all seem a bit more formal. This event will possibly be a little bit more relaxed.
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't know. The 1918 event was the first I've been to which was black tie.

The more I think about the subject matter, the more I'm looking forward to it. Both the event and the watch

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Don't know. The 1918 event was the first I've been to which was black tie.

The more I think about the subject matter, the more I'm looking forward to it. Both the event and the watch
    I only ask as I was very fortunate to have attended the Codebreaker,; WF; DH88 and 1918 all of which have been Black Tie or attire to the period.
    Seemed to be a fair spread of people with varied occupations and great to mix with. Was even fortunate to join the after party on one of the nights.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You seem to be the opposite end of the spectrum to NineBolts with me in the middle. You really enjoy the black tie events, I like them and NineBolts isn't keen. I still think less formal events are easier to enjoy. The Bremont Townhouse and the Ben Saunders evening for instance.

I only said that the 1918 event was somewhat different as every other event I've attended (not Bremont events) weren't black tie. The intent of black tie events is to be more formal and although i do like them, I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere of less formal events.

Assuming that you have an invite to this latest event, you'll know how different the dress code is to the 1918 event and apparently the other three events you attended. It could be argued that the dress code for this latest event is actually to the period but regardless, it's certainly less formal.
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 09-19-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Wildrover
    Never attended any of these. May attend this one one. I think you guys have nailed the association though.

Well I love the Bremont LE events - always a real pleasure. The 1918 event evening was amazing - met some super people and put my name down for the watch itself that night! Also arranged for my wife to be surprised with her first Bremont on the evening too. Happy times.

Got an invite to next months event but I think Iím away on business . Like the idea of the new LE but even more about Alt1tude 2 when itís unveiled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

I’m sure this a just a coincidence, but the 24th is fifteen years since a certain pointy passenger aircraft made its last commercial flight......

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
    Got an invite to next months event but I think Iím away on business . Like the idea of the new LE but even more about Alt1tude 2 when itís unveiled
    I must be the only one here without an invite!

As for the ALT1TUDE V2 - there's an update I've just posted on the other thread.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 09-23-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: V2 update.