Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont now in Jared

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bremont now in Jared

I am disappointed to see this news today. Low end jewellery chain Jarad is now stocking Bremont. I hope the boys know what they are doing as to me that really waters the brand down. Next we'll see them in Walmart.
    MBII | S2000 | Alt-C

For us in the UK, what is the equivalent? What are Bremont being stocked alongside?

I’ve just tried to view their website, and it doesn’t seem to work. Instead, there was a voucher for money off my next purchase...

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit more internet searching and I found their parent company website which (according to Wiki) used to be Ratners - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signet_Jewelers

that page associates Jared in the US with H Samuel and Ernest Jones in the UK. Given that both Ernest Jones and Beaverbrooks (UK similar jewellers) are selling Bremont it's not much of a stretch. However, if people in the US associate Jared more with H Samuel then the OP's comments are more understandable. I have seen some of the prices of jewellery sold at Jared and I would compare them more with Ernest Jones than H Samuel.

Be interesting to hear the views of forum members in the US.

Jared is a funny one. They sell a wide range of watches, everything from Fossil and Skagen to Oris and Omega (and now Bremont apparently). In my experience, they tend to stock mainly lower tier watches. Many people in the U.S. view them as the McDonald's of jewlery stores since they're usually found in about every major shopping mall in America, which is why they're branded as a low-end jewlery concern. I too think that having them stock Bremont wasn't exactly one of the Bremont Boys' smartest decisions. Hope they consider future associations more wisely and carefully.

I saw a man in flip flops wearing a Patek Philippe! Put me right off the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Say hello next time

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Say hello next time

Haha, quality! Man they'll sell there watches to anyone these days

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Just be thankful he wasn't wearing Speedos.

Also why are all your wrists so hairy! it looks like someone's dropped a joint of ham on a barbershop floor then put a watch on it!

Hello

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk