Thread: WTB: MBII Topper or TWC Edition

WTB: MBII Topper or TWC Edition

As the title reads, I am looking for either a Topper or TWG Edition MBII.

If this search yields no results, then would consider a very gently used Orange MBII with all the original accessories (original Bremont straps, box, papers, and manuals)

Cheers! Greg
    Last edited by Owens84qv; 07-16-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Hi Greg, welcome to forum - it's good to have you here!

Just a quick question: TWC. Do you mean TWG (The Watch Gallery)? And also, if you could give an indication of price range you'd be willing to pay, that would be good also.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Hi Greg, welcome to forum - it's good to have you here!

Just a quick question: TWC. Do you mean TWG (The Watch Gallery)? And also, if you could give an indication of price range you'd be willing to pay, that would be good also.

J.
    Thank you! And yes...I meant TWG, not TWC. As a little background, I own an Omega Planet Ocean and recently acquired a Speedmaster Broad Arrow. I friend of mine owns an Orange MBII and I've been smitten with the MB ever since I've seen his.

Over the past couple of years, I've seen the Topper Edition for sale in the 2500 - 2900 range. However, for the TWG Edition...I honestly have no idea. It may very well be the TWG price range is out of my range. I'd like to keep my MB purchase @ 3500 or below.

Appreciate your quick reply!
    Greg

Hello! Yes...I meant TWG. A little background on what I currently wear. I have an Omega Planet Ocean and recently acquired a Speedmaster Broad Arrow. I have friend who purchased an Orange MBII a couple of years ago and since then, I've been smitten with it.

As far as price ranges, I've seen the Topper Edition in the 2500-2900 range. However, for the TWG Edition...I honestly don't have a clue. My budget for this next purchase is 3500 or below...not sure if that fits the TWG Edition.

Appreciate your quick reply. Cheers! Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Owens84qv View Post
    Hello! Yes...I meant TWG. A little background on what I currently wear. I have an Omega Planet Ocean and recently acquired a Speedmaster Broad Arrow. I have friend who purchased an Orange MBII a couple of years ago and since then, I've been smitten with it.

As far as price ranges, I've seen the Topper Edition in the 2500-2900 range. However, for the TWG Edition...I honestly don't have a clue. My budget for this next purchase is 3500 or below...not sure if that fits the TWG Edition.

Appreciate your quick reply. Cheers! Greg
    Greg, are you quoting $ or £ there? The last Topper LE that I saw for sale at the end of last year was $3900 (approx £3000 at todays rate), and the last one listed on the forum (here) was $3999. With regards to the TWG, the last one that appeared here was £3900 (approx. $5000).

Best of luck with the hunt, let us know how you get on.

J.

I appreciate your price guidelines. I believe I had seen two TE’s which sold in the last year or so; one @ $2900 and another @ $2650. They may have been not perfect examples, who knows.

I’m not in any rush and I’ll keep this thread updated with what I find.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Owens84qv View Post
    I appreciate your price guidelines. I believe I had seen two TE’s which sold in the last year or so; one @ $2900 and another @ $2650. They may have been not perfect examples, who knows.

I’m not in any rush and I’ll keep this thread updated with what I find.

Cheers!
    Yeah, the price of the Topper Edition has taken quite a nose dive of late and the price you're willing to pay is certainly reasonable. I wouldn't pay a penny over the high $2k for one and that's being generous given the following examples (both represented as being in mint condition):

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...t-4558763.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/so...n-4618289.html